19x8.5 et35's, making them fit.

BradHatton

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been doing a little research as I am looking to buy 19x8.5 et35 LM reps.
Unfortunately they come with 235/35/19 tyres and I worry I will rub like crazy.

I've heard that et45 is the ideal offset for that width, my car is wound all the way down on JOM coilovers with the adjusters in & I wondered whether I will have big problems running these alloys.

Is it a case of a lot of stretch, ie 215/35 or even 205/40's, or am I going to need a couple -degrees of camber.. And if so, how do I go about doing this?
I ran -6.3 degrees on my previous car to make 9et15's fit but I bodged it with washers behind the hubs :lol:

Any help appreciated, thanks!

ET35 on the front will rub, 235 on 19s will rub. Why not just get higher ET since you're getting reps anyway, get ones that fit?

ET35 on the front will rub, 235 on 19s will rub. Why not just get higher ET since you're getting reps anyway, get ones that fit?

******... It's an offer that's come up on a used set.. £450 takes them with 4 nearly new tyres :(

It can probably be made to work, but I'm pretty sure it'll be more hassle than it's worth. Might work with 215/35s and some camber on the rear? Ask N8 to be sure though, he'll be able to tell you "absolutely no" or "well, it CAN work".

It can probably be made to work, but I'm pretty sure it'll be more hassle than it's worth. Might work with 215/35s and some camber on the rear? Ask N8 to be sure though, he'll be able to tell you "absolutely no" or "well, it CAN work".

I know for a fact it CAN work, but I'd imagine you're right and it probably is a lot more hassle than its worth.
But perfect fitment always does take time and effort, right!?

The idea of running 19's for me was nice fitment without running mega low.. But then I wonder whether I can do that on 18's.

Or shave 10mm off the wheels hubs. Too be honest get something that fits first time or you will land up throwing money to sort it out.

Or shave 10mm off the wheels hubs. Too be honest get something that fits first time or you will land up throwing money to sort it out.

I will look into 18x9.5 et45 see if I can got those fitting :)

An 8.5" rim even with a 215 tyre will rub at ET35.

Mine are ET45 with a 215 and it just about clears with no rubbing, perfect fit. A 225 tyre I had on before rubbed.

Hopefully getting some RH ZW3's, 18x8.5&9 et 60ish and 50ish I think.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!