Good front shocks for 55mm lowered springs?

JPK

Reaction score
Ended up being sent a h&r sport cup kit with 50mm front strut clamp instead of the 55mm I ordered and the vendor has disappeared off the face of the planet.

Currently running the cup kit front springs on the factory shocks and need to find a way to run the rest of the cup kit on another front shock that fits and suits the springs. Rather than cutting my losses and going with an entirely new setup...

I've read somewhere that h&r outsourced the cup kit shocks to bilstein? What should I go with?

Sorry.

1. I have purchased an h&r cup kit (full set of matched springs and shocks front and rear)

2. I have a 55mm front strut clamp as i have a 2.0T Sportback, I believe only the non turbo fsi and tdi's are 50mm

3. Seller sent me the kit for the 50mm front strut clamp. Seller has not replied to emails/Skype or calls for over 2 weeks. Therefore I am not able to swap over the front struts with the seller (which are the only part that doesnt fit my car).

4. I have h&r cup kit front and rear springs installed currently. h&r cup kit rear shocks. Standard sachs shocks with 110km on them in the front, which I presume will blow with a 2.2inch lowering spring sooner rather than later.

5. I need a solution for some new front shocks as h&r doesnt sell shocks by themselves and as mentioned above I cant get hold of the vendor (a well known one) for replacement. Will name and shame if he doesnt reply soon.

JOM coilovers are all 50mm but have a strut adapter to widen them to 55mm when needed. It simply slides over the bottom of the strut. Just get a set of these and problem sorted :)

See the blue part here

DSC05787.jpg

Great. This could work! Any way to know if they will fit on an h&r shock? Not coilover