2.0 T DSG S-Tronic Revs in 1st at slow speed

daz5182

Reaction score
I'm getting used to my car, i have only had it a couple of weeks and never before have i had an auto.

The thing is, when i need to go really slow and the car is in 1st the revs sometimes go up and down until i apply more throttle, this makes it is a bit jerky.

Is this normal? Is it something i'm doing?

Any help would be great, thanks

Darren

Hi Darren.
My did the same. It's due to the Mechatronic unit.
My car is a late 2008 and it is a weak point on 2008-2009 cars.
something to do with a pore bushing or something like it.

This happens only when the car is warm.

yeah only when it is warm, however my car is a 57 reg regsitered november 2008.

Could this still be the issue? was it a big job at audi? I'm assuming you had yours done when it was under warranty? Mine has a 3 month warranty from the dealer i bought it from but i'd have to pretty much self diagnose the car before booking it in as i don't want to risk them charging me if they can't find anything wrong.

Thanks

Darren

Here is the dokument stating the problem and Warranty.
FBCDA597-4CA0-47A5-B07E-EB3D3A3D12AD-3846-000001F76263E9D8.jpg

Since you have a 3 month used car warranty I expect this should not be a problem.
Anyhow this should be a case for Audi since it is a known problem.
Keep us posted for other with the same problems.

Had the car back to Audi and they did the dsg oil before changing the mechatronics unit. The car us now perfect.

As I said to Audi UK, its a shame they weren't recalled so to not waste peoples time and money.....

Great to hear this.
They tried to change the oil first with me to, but ended with the complete mechatronic change.
This is even after I have told them what was the problem.

For me it made me visit the garage two times and paying for one oil change. I accepted this since the chang was due on the service schedule.

I now have a new problem. My enginge has now gone. The chain timing drive has come loos on one cam. Tomorrow I know more on if they charge only the head or the complete engine. Wish me luck and that I don't need to pay.

Last edited:
Great to hear this.
They tried to change the oil first with me to, but ended with the complete mechatronic change.
This is even after I have told them what was the problem.

For me it made me visit the garage two times and paying for one oil change. I accepted this since the chang was due on the service schedule.

I now have a new problem. My enginge has now gone. The chain timing drive has come loos on one cam. Tomorrow I know more on if they charge only the head or the complete engine. Wish me luck and that I don't need to pay.

All the luck in the world on that one mate.... That is bad news. Keep us posted