Need some help - alarm & climate control

KenzieS-line

Reaction score
Fairly new to this forum & audi (always had Fords lol). I've got a 57 plate 2.0 tdi s-line. Been great since we bought it but 2 problems have appeared over the past week.

(1) The alarm keeps going off and the boot is showing as being opened. Took the trim off and there was some water leaking from the rear washer. I'm guessing this is whats causing the problem? The rear wiper also doesn't move 99% of the time.

(2) When you turn the fan on (climate control), no matter what setting - no air comes out at all. ****** freezing this now so need to get this fixed asap. I've checked the fuses and there all ok.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Hi your rear wiper is a common problem and there are lots of thread on here about it. I would imagine you need to replace the motor as water has leaked from the rear wash and ******** your motor. As for your heating not blowing out it sounds like your blower fan has seen better days and needs replaced.

When was the last time the pollen/cabin filter was changed. The reason I'm asking is I had to replace the blower motor on my wife's vw sharan as the filter had not been changed and was restricting the air flow and made the fan work double to get any sort of air in and it burnt out the blower motor.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Fairly new to this forum & audi (always had Fords lol). I've got a 57 plate 2.0 tdi s-line. Been great since we bought it but 2 problems have appeared over the past week.

(1) The alarm keeps going off and the boot is showing as being opened. Took the trim off and there was some water leaking from the rear washer. I'm guessing this is whats causing the problem? The rear wiper also doesn't move 99% of the time.

(2) When you turn the fan on (climate control), no matter what setting - no air comes out at all. ****** freezing this now so need to get this fixed asap. I've checked the fuses and there all ok.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Please do a search before posting, Rear wiper problem was described again only last week !!!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/173668-boot-lock-sensor.html

Hi your rear wiper is a common problem and there are lots of thread on here about it. I would imagine you need to replace the motor as water has leaked from the rear wash and ******** your motor. As for your heating not blowing out it sounds like your blower fan has seen better days and needs replaced.

When was the last time the pollen/cabin filter was changed. The reason I'm asking is I had to replace the blower motor on my wife's vw sharan as the filter had not been changed and was restricting the air flow and made the fan work double to get any sort of air in and it burnt out the blower motor.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Got no idea when it was last changed. It's certainly never been done since i bought the car. I'll have a look into those, hopefully the parts aren't expensive.

Ok thanks Mike!

Just a daft suggestion but when I bought my car all of the heating vents were closed and I didn't notice for weeks - I'd left the climate set to auto and just assumed that for some reason it never directed air directly into the cabin. Sat in traffic one day fiddling when I finally realised that you have to spin the vents round to open them! Might just be me but I didn't think it was obvious!

Any idea on wheres the best place to pick up a blower motor? had a search but seem to bring up loads of different prices. Preferably somewhere tomorrow rather than off the internet.

Looking at previous threads, it appears theres more than 1 motor. People have had problems with the center vents not blowing air but can't seem to find anyone thats had it with all vents not blowing. Sorry for all the questions, just don't have a clue when it comes to audi's :)