Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 101
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

  1. #41
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Cheers Jay, yes im the same, the rear two are near the limit and one had a screw in! so getting these changed in next few days.

    The front two are better but not great so shall also replace in couple of months or so.

    I looked and I have the Y rated and 91 load on now, is it ok to get 94 xl or should I stick with 91? or does it make no difference?!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Turbo jay's Avatar
    Leather repair specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    550
    No problem mate,I went for the XL with my car being a Quattro and also my old dunlop's were XL, so I'd stick with the 91 load if I was you.
    Cossie_boy likes this.

  4. #43
    The Governor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    436
    As a matter of interest, I'm sure I read that on a Quattro you shouldn't mix tyres front to back? That could be a bit of a pain if all four don't need doing together.

    I've got Bridgestones and won't want them again...

  5. #44
    RedDejavu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    As a matter of interest, I'm sure I read that on a Quattro you shouldn't mix tyres front to back? That could be a bit of a pain if all four don't need doing together.

    I've got Bridgestones and won't want them again...
    yes they very hard rubber and not much grip on top of that no edge protection which caused 1 wheel to be kerbed, Goodyears do have wide rubber collar that protects rims from damage and can tell you it works amazingly efficent:]. Ask my missus!
    Ch3tan likes this.
    Be patient. English is tough.

    Now:

    61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /


  6. #45
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo jay View Post
    No problem mate,I went for the XL with my car being a Quattro and also my old dunlop's were XL, so I'd stick with the 91 load if I was you.
    Just ordered them...£199.70 for the pair all in

    Went with 91 so all good!

  7. #46
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    RedDejavu, just saw your in Bracknell, did you know about Brackenell Tyres?! think thats what their called if they are still they, do tyres at well below any other prices. When I used to live in Reading I went there and got my GSD3's for about £60 off from memory and at the time everywhere else was about £90!

  8. #47
    shariain's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,173

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    I have Bridgestone s001's all round and they seem good tyres just need to wait and see how they last.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

  9. #48
    RedDejavu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    RedDejavu, just saw your in Bracknell, did you know about Brackenell Tyres?! think thats what their called if they are still they, do tyres at well below any other prices. When I used to live in Reading I went there and got my GSD3's for about £60 off from memory and at the time everywhere else was about £90!
    Yes mate Bracknell tyres is the cheapest place to get your tyres done in Berks, just always try to knock them down few quid:P. All I do is say that Bracknell Binfield offered me cheaper quote then they did. Bit cheeky but works well every single time.
    Be patient. English is tough.

    Now:

    61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /


  10. #49
    Turbo jay's Avatar
    Leather repair specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    Just ordered them...£199.70 for the pair all in

    Went with 91 so all good!
    nice one

  11. #50
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    By any chance does anyone have a photo or could possibly take a photo of their tyre wall with Assy 2's please?!

    Reason being, when I was searching I noticed some places still doing the Assy 1 about £100 ish and the Assy 2 about £115 ish, so just wanted to make sure I am getting the right ones! Im sure would be ok but just to be on the safe side it would be good to know exactly how they look and what they say

    Yes mate Bracknell Tyres was a bit spit and saw dust but good lads and cheap!

  12. #51
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    By any chance does anyone have a photo or could possibly take a photo of their tyre wall with Assy 2's please?!

    Reason being, when I was searching I noticed some places still doing the Assy 1 about £100 ish and the Assy 2 about £115 ish, so just wanted to make sure I am getting the right ones! Im sure would be ok but just to be on the safe side it would be good to know exactly how they look and what they say

    Yes mate Bracknell Tyres was a bit spit and saw dust but good lads and cheap!
    Do you mean the writing on the tyre wall or how it looks on the rim ?

  13. #52
    MB RS3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South East, Kent
    Posts
    170
    Michelin PS3's All Day Every Day!
    hopeless likes this.
    Ibis White RS3 - Black Satin Wheels - Black Styling Package -

  14. #53
    karl88's Avatar
    Clutch, Gear, Gas, Gone!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North East, UK
    Posts
    98

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    I just got a set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's.. I asked about them before, what people thought, decided to go for them and they're spot on.. Even with this weather (rain,snow), they're very good grip..
    Westy and MrBones like this.
    A3 2.0TDI S-Line S/B - Stage 1 Remap, Full aftermarket sound system + Boot build

  15. #54
    Turbo jay's Avatar
    Leather repair specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    By any chance does anyone have a photo or could possibly take a photo of their tyre wall with Assy 2's please?!

    Reason being, when I was searching I noticed some places still doing the Assy 1 about £100 ish and the Assy 2 about £115 ish, so just wanted to make sure I am getting the right ones! Im sure would be ok but just to be on the safe side it would be good to know exactly how they look and what they say

    Yes mate Bracknell Tyres was a bit spit and saw dust but good lads and cheap!
    I got 2 f1 assy 2's off camskill for £211 delivered, works out at £102.50 each plus delivery, have a look here.
    Goodyear Tyres / Car / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL (R1) FP TL Fuel Eff.: E Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB �102.50 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18
    Last edited by Turbo jay; 20th January 2013 at 17:46.

  16. #55
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Do you mean the writing on the tyre wall or how it looks on the rim ?
    Yes Mike the writing on the wall, does it say...asymmetric 2? I think I kinda know what the tread pattern looks like

    Cheers for that Jay but already sorted at £199.70 all in fitted

  17. #56
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    Yes Mike the writing on the wall, does it say...asymmetric 2? I think I kinda know what the tread pattern looks like

    Cheers for that Jay but already sorted at £199.70 all in fitted
    Will post a photo tomorrow (if I can dig myself out ) !!

  18. #57
    Stol1975's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    227

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    Just booked my fitting at halfords for 4 Michelin premacy 3's through ASDA of all places. £417 all fitted. Well happy at that price considering the £125 each at kwik fit.

  19. #58
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Will post a photo tomorrow (if I can dig myself out ) !!
    Thanks very much Mike

  20. #59
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    Thanks very much Mike
    Sorry for the delay, I was only joking when I said 'dig myself out' but that came true !!!

    Got the pic and will try and post later today.

  21. #60
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Hope this is what you want !


  22. #61
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Cheers Mike!

    I got them today and was very pleased when I arrived to find them in the pile that had just been delivered so saw the actual sticker, just went outside and yes indeed exactly the same as in your photo and just what I was after

    Havent really booted it yet as seem to on still snow and ice covered roads where ive been today!

  23. #62
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Stol1975 View Post
    Just booked my fitting at halfords for 4 Michelin premacy 3's through ASDA of all places. £417 all fitted. Well happy at that price considering the £125 each at kwik fit.
    How did the fitting go with this mate? I got Halfrauds to change a bulb on the misses car last week, as I done the other side last year which was the easier one...it took two of them 35 minutes! Makes the £6.99 worth it, lol
    Last edited by Cossie_boy; 22nd January 2013 at 23:15. Reason: typo

  24. #63
    Stol1975's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    227

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cossie_boy View Post
    How did the fitting go with this mate? I got Halfrauds to change a bulb on the misses car last week, as I done the other side last year which was the easier one...it took two of them 35 minutes! Makes the £6.99 worth it, lol
    It went ok. Got my tracking done too while I was there and to be fair the car feels great now. Impressed with the grip in the wet too.

  25. #64
    whale's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    55
    Wow you guys are lucky on your side of the globe!

    Down here in New Zealand I just got quoted for $370NZD per tyre for the F1 Assy 2... that's 200GBP per corner. Fml.

  26. #65
    The Governor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    436
    To those of you with rotors, how does your average tyre fitter get on with them? I';ve got images of putting mine in for tyres and having my wheels shagged during fitting...

  27. #66
    IceHanger's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Mids/North Worcs
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    To those of you with rotors, how does your average tyre fitter get on with them? I';ve got images of putting mine in for tyres and having my wheels shagged during fitting...
    Had 4 new boots put on my rotors today, ATS were great, they did my winters back in November without a problem, and today was the same with the Rotors, they used all the correct covers blades etc, took great care with them...picked them up without a scratch...I did make sure the manager was aware they were mint before they went in.
    IceHanger
    2011 S3 8P 5DR Black edition,
    2013 TT TDi BE with lots of toys
    Previous Vehicles:
    Audi S4 B6 4DR Big fuel bill edition
    Audi TT TDi S-line Quattro
    Skoda Octavia 4x4 Turbo,
    Skoda Octavia VRS Estate,
    Vauxhall VX220 Turbo,
    MGF VVC,
    Vauxhall Astra GSi,
    Alfa 33 Cloverleaf,
    Tons of Minis

  28. #67
    Zak0123's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    458

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    Quick one.. four new tyres needed soon..

    Bridgestone Potenza's RE050A £116 fitted or Continental SportContact 2 £125 fitted?

    Kind of price I'm looking for, I know a lot of people dislike the bridgestones but they seem fine for my 1.6tdi A3, not much experience in tyres! Don't rag the A3 I'm all about economy (and moderate grip obviously).
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

    Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

  29. #68
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak0123 View Post
    Quick one.. four new tyres needed soon..

    Bridgestone Potenza's RE050A £116 fitted or Continental SportContact 2 £125 fitted?

    Kind of price I'm looking for, I know a lot of people dislike the bridgestones but they seem fine for my 1.6tdi A3, not much experience in tyres! Don't rag the A3 I'm all about economy (and moderate grip obviously).
    I'd say the new Toyo T1R Assy is better than both you've mentioned and cheaper.

    Otherwise, spend more on Conti 5, Goodyear, Michelin. As they're the big boys.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  30. #69
    Zak0123's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    458

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    I'd say the new Toyo T1R Assy is better than both you've mentioned and cheaper.

    Otherwise, spend more on Conti 5, Goodyear, Michelin. As they're the big boys.
    Ok thanks muchly mate, will check out the Toyo's, also obviously looking for tyres which last a long time.

    Don't think I'm ready to fork out for the big boys
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

    Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

  31. #70
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Goodyear F1 Assy2's are about £115 fitted !

  32. #71
    The Governor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    436
    Where from Mike?

  33. #72
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Where from Mike?
    Goodyear 225/45R17 Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 94Y XL @ £116.05 each fitted including VAT from :-

    Tyresavings.com - delivered to any Halfords Autocentre of your choice ( yeah I know Halfrauds ! ) and fitted free. Payment was made after fitting etc. satisfactorily.

  34. #73
    The Governor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    436
    Hmm, do I trust Halfords with my rotors?

  35. #74
    Danny-boy's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    477

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    I just had a look for mine, and they send me to local tyre monkeys, not Halfords.

  36. #75
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Hmm, do I trust Halfords with my rotors?
    That price was 12 months ago anyway so may not be the same now !

    I stood by the guys when they fitted them and there was absolutely no problem !

  37. #76
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Try mytyres.co.uk - they seem to be cheap for supply only and I've found a place near me that fits, balance etc. etc. for £9

    I don't need any though !!!

  38. #77
    The Governor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    436
    Yeah, the trouble with Camskill/mytryes etc is getting fitters to fit without supplying is a ball ache, they start giving it the "we can't fit tyres we don't supply" rubbish!

  39. #78
    rezulteo's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    224

    My Social Networking

    Follow rezulteo On Twitter Add rezulteo on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak0123 View Post
    Ok thanks muchly mate, will check out the Toyo's, also obviously looking for tyres which last a long time.

    Don't think I'm ready to fork out for the big boys
    Which ones did you go for? Feedback?

    Cheers
    All tyres for Audi and tyre news, advice, tests and comparisons on http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
    Follow us on Twitter !
    Like our Facebook page !

  40. #79
    Zak0123's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    458

    Tyre of choice these days? any brand or type standing out?

    Quote Originally Posted by rezulteo View Post
    Which ones did you go for? Feedback?

    Cheers
    Will let you know when I take the plunge mate, will be in a month or so max.
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

    Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

  41. #80
    pinterovski's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    661

    My Social Networking

    Add pinterovski on Facebook
    What about Yokohama advan neova AD08?
    Anybody tried them,.....?
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whats in the rain these days
    By tjm69 in forum Rants & Raves
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18th July 2008, 14:28
  2. S3 8P bodykit??????? Any brand?
    By S3JET in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 8th June 2008, 22:43
  3. Whats my S3 Worth these days??
    By DamoS3Q in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 3rd March 2005, 15:22
  4. You cant have nothin these days...
    By S3K in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th October 2003, 22:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO