EM TuningChris Nott
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    98

    Revo stage 1 info

    I'm torn between revo and amd for a stage 1 remap on monday any opinions would be great also on the linear map by revo if any of you use it

    many thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by g dawg View Post
    I'm torn between revo and amd for a stage 1 remap on monday any opinions would be great also on the linear map by revo if any of you use it many thanks
    AMDTuning have done all of the work and remapping on my car,and I think which to choose depends on how far you want to take the process....I chose the Revo map,as I wanted the upgrade path,to Stg3 and beyond,but I also know AMD's own maps get good reviews.

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    98
    Did you tweak the map to suit your needs on your stage 1

  5. #4
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by g dawg View Post
    Did you tweak the map to suit your needs on your stage 1
    Didn't really bother with that as AMD had already set it up,but on subsequent remaps especially Stg3 and 4,we've altered a few settings to get the best from it.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    98
    Ok thanks for your reply Paul at revo has put me on to Alex at aks tuning in Bedford to do the remap any thoughts on the linear throttle remap?

  7. #6
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,050
    I have used REVO, great service, great results.

    Also consider SHARK, I have this on my current car with equally great results on Stage 1.

    Dont have experience beyond Stage 1 though, Alex is the man for that
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

    Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

    BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

  8. #7
    JamesS4cab's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Running Revo stage 1 at the moment and really enjoying it. Been to 2+ with Revo and loved every minute of it. Love the SPS Plus which is very very handy on 2 and above as it allows instant setting changes without going back to the dealer. Something worth considering.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

  9. #8
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by g dawg View Post
    Ok thanks for your reply Paul at revo has put me on to Alex at aks tuning in Bedford to do the remap any thoughts on the linear throttle remap?
    I think the linear map is worth having,from what a lot of others are saying,as the throttle response on the standard map is a bit more abrupt.

  10. #9
    CJ92's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Down South..
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I think the linear map is worth having,from what a lot of others are saying,as the throttle response on the standard map is a bit more abrupt.
    Think i will go with the AMD map when i eventually go for it..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

  11. #10
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
    Think i will go with the AMD map when i eventually go for it..
    Having had long experience of AMD,I don't think you'll be disappointed....they've always done good work for me.

  12. #11
    CJ92's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Down South..
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Having had long experience of AMD,I don't think you'll be disappointed....they've always done good work for me.
    Thats exactly why i have decided to go with them S3Alex!Meant to say before,i love your dog bet hes a softie..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

  13. #12
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
    Thats exactly why i have decided to go with them S3Alex!Meant to say before,i love your dog bet hes a softie..
    My avatar isn't my dog(it just reflects my usual state of mind!),but i do have a bull terrier,which is a complete wuss at home,but a fearsome looking guard dog.

  14. #13
    CJ92's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Down South..
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Having had long experience of AMD,I don't think you'll be disappointed....they've always done good work for me.
    Its your experience that has made my mind up S3Alex..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

  15. #14
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
    Its your experience that has made my mind up S3Alex..
    Many thanks.....AMD in Essex i take it?

  16. #15
    CJ92's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Down South..
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Many thanks.....AMD in Essex i take it?
    Definitely.My avatar is our bull terrier/staff x and what a softy he is..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

  17. #16
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
    Definitely.My avatar is our bull terrier/staff x and what a softy he is..
    Ben and the guys will look after you for sure.....mine is a white bull terrier with a bit of brindle...has his own room and heater,and barks if it's not warm enough.

  18. #17
    CJ92's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Down South..
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Ben and the guys will look after you for sure.....mine is a white bull terrier with a bit of brindle...has his own room and heater,and barks if it's not warm enough.
    I love this about your dog..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. From MTM Stage I to REVO Stage II...Oh my god...
    By hatmeow in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 12:52
  2. REVO stage 2 map for S3?
    By Rabbit222 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11th July 2008, 13:14
  3. Revo Stage 2 - S3 -
    By jm-baker in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19th March 2008, 10:00
  4. Revo Stage 2
    By benlelay in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th May 2007, 13:46
  5. Now have Revo stage 1 for 1.8T !
    By JB_A3_Turbo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 5th January 2007, 08:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO