Hatchback/Sportback/Quattro exhaust differences.

nick9one1

Reaction score
I've got the opportunity to buy an aftermarket backbox from a non-quattro TFSI.

From a bit of research I've discovered the exhausts are different for the different flavours of the A3 TFSI.

What I would like to know is how much different.

Is the physical back box the same? just the pipe that runs into it different? Any pics would be very helpful.

I'm pretty handy with a welder and fitted quite a few exhausts to cars that needed modification of some sort or another. But I'd like to start with something pretty close so I dont have to make too many alterations!

Thanks

Am led to believe the cabriolet is also different, but understand an S3 backbox will fit

There is a big difference in the shape of the backbox between the Quattro and non Quattro exhaust so not really worth bodging to fit. I can confirm that the S3 exhaust will fit a 2litre TFSI Quattro.

...and the differences between 2-door and Sportback exhausts? (I see Milltek as an eg sell 2 diff exhausts for the S3, depending on whether it is 2-door or Sportback)

Like I mentioned in the initial post..

I'm aware all the different versions of the 8p have different back boxes.

What I would like to know is if the actual 'back box' is the same, (not the tubing).

I believe this is a quattro sportback exhaust. My gut feeling is the length on the pipe will be slightly longer for a sportback, and the quattro includes the obvious 'diversion' of the tubing to go round the rear diff.

Milltek1.jpg

Found this old thread on a search and I'm after the same question (similar).

I have an S3 sportback and want to know if I can buy a 3dr rear section to fit it.

The 3dr tailpipe section is 100mm shorter than the sportback on the S3, so you could get either to fit with a bit of welding.

Reactions: Niffty9
So for us oldies ( 4 inche's ) , guessing for those extra 4" you will pay through the noise