Cheap genuine ipod adapter

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been considering getting ipod/iphone connectivity in my car. It has a symphony gen II but I'm sick of CDs.

Spotted this on ebay, seems to be too cheap for a genuine unit:
GENUINE AUDI IPOD ADAPTER, P/N: 8E0051444A, A2,A3,A4,A6,A8,TT, NEW, 99 08 | eBay

Any thoughts, would it be the correct kit to fit my car? do they function ok with a 4s. Iv asked the seller and given them my chassis no. Hopefully they will respond tomorrow.

That is the same kit I have in my car 2004 a3 here is some of the info I found on the part

iPod conection power lead
8E0051445 20 pin wire
Complete iPod kit £105
8E0051444A/B depending on 12 pin plug or 20 pin wire

I needed the 20 wire conection to connect to my radio. If you need anymore info and if I can help then I will it took me about 20 mins to fit it very straight forward.

I had to buy one of these to charge my iPhone 4s

Charge Adapter/Converter 12V to 5V for iPod Nano Touch / iPhone 3G 3GS 4 4GS 4S

http://bit.ly/UUfqSt

To get your music to play through the radio you press the cd button twice and it will only play a play list I think the max is 6 playlists with no info on the dis or iPhone on what is playing other than track number no name.

It is a very basic system and probably for a little bit more £'s you could get a better system.

I would look at a parrot 9200 and that would bluetooth stream your music and it's also a phone kit through your speakers as well but it costs about £200 that's what I'm looking at getting possibly after Xmas.

Well I was looking at a dension Pro BT, which would use the steering wheel controls for phone. The car has had something like that in the past as it has a mic fitted.

Think il give the genuine unit a miss. Will look into the parrot. Thanks