Off to the Ring on Saturday!!!!

ianhowell

Reaction score
Website
www.northloop.co.uk
Well I have finally sorted things out and I am off to the Ring on Saturday till Monday.
Catching the Dover Ferry at 1.15pm to Calais. Then leisurely drive to the hotel for Sat night. Up for a full days initiation into the Ring. A couple of beers ( and probably a Pizza) Sat night. A relaxed morning as Ring not open till 1pm, till 5pm. A Few more practice laps before making a run for the Ferry at midnight.
Will let you know what I think of the whole experience and first track day in the A3 upon return to Blighty.

plenty of pics please. I have a couple of friends and a wife to persuade.....maybe some landscapes and some kids playgrounds too.......

and for me...cars sideways action pls.....

ENJOY!

Good luck mate, have a great time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Have agreat time. Apart from driving 'the Ring' it's a lovely part of the world. I used to go on holiday to the Mosel area in Germany for many years and always go via Belgium and the Eifel area. I also stayed in the lovely walled town of Bad Munstereifel, just down the road from The Ring. Some super roads in that area, worth going just for that. The A48 Autobahn, south of The Ring and North of the Mosel is great fun and still de-restricted the last time I went that way. I did drive round 'the Ring' on one occassion but I cannot remember in which car. I have to dig out the photos and have a look.

[ QUOTE ]
If you've not done so yet, read this.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - e-mailed that link to the friends I am trying to persuade....not that they aren't on board. we have to decide when and get our passes stamped.....

Hopefully our company will be announcing it's expansion into Germany next saturday and then it will be tax deductable too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Thanks for the replies and the link - even more excited now!
Getting the car cleaned latter and the bags are all packed, camera ready, paperwork sorted and stain resistant thong for the girlfriend (and yes I am letting her drive a few laps).
Before the comments come back, she drives more like Sabine (Ring Taxi) than out with Miss Daisy!!

Ian, best of luck to you... I am very jealous as I had to cancel two trips there and still haven't been.

Looking forward to reading/seeing how it went ;-)