APR Stage 1

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Going to Stage 1 on my S3 with an APR map next week :) rather excited to unleash some of the potential of the engine.

Anyone using this map and got any advice about features which could be included in the map? I've read a little about the security things which can be incorporated using cruise control stalk, but I don't have cruise :/

I had it on my S3 and it really transforms the car, made me laugh out loud sometimes after driving the wifes cooper s lol
Get the cruise fitted m8, makes the whole package complete, adds the main 4 programs 95ron mapped, 98ron mapped ,stock and valet mode. You also get the anti-theft which locks the ECU and basically disconnects the throttle input so it will run but only on tickover and you get fault code erase and throttle body reset. You can also lock out the ecu so nobody can get into the settings at all. I would get it again on my R36 if they did it, if only for the anti-theft

Most of the better maps have anti-theft(Revo included),and it comes down to individual preferences really over which company you choose,as long as they're reasonably well known,and get reliable ,safe results....enjoy!

But with APR it's all done with the cruise switch so you don't have to carry anything around to plug into the obd socket. Much more convenient in my eyes

Can the anti theft be used on the Apr software without using the cruise control stick? Otherwise I will definitely be looking into getting cruise fitted, even tho I'm not a fan of cruise control.

No you do have to have the cruise as that's what's used to change the settings. Worth having on its own merits anyway!

Is it Mr NHN who is the guy to speak to about cruise control install by any chance? :)

Well the car went to Awesome today and came home with a new milltek cat back and APR stage 1 map!
I may say it's a completely different animal, the improved throttle response make the whole feel of the car more alive. I've not given it a good thrashing yet while the car is still adapting to its new map, roughly how long should it take to fully behave as expected? As it hesitated occasionally at 3/4 throttle before.

Had apr stage one. Made the s3 more fun but now at stage 2+ even bigger fun. But the bug bites hard now want even more. So just beware. This s3 bug hits your wallet hard.

Had apr stage one. Made the s3 more fun but now at stage 2+ even bigger fun. But the bug bites hard now want even more. So just beware. This s3 bug hits your wallet hard.

That's true.

I was going to keep mine stock until my first visit to AMDTuning.

That's true.

I was going to keep mine stock until my first visit to AMDTuning.

I was going to resist modification for a long time, then I took it to Awesome Gti for a cambelt change and temptation kicked in!

Can you still use the cruise as cruise though?

Genuine question, and how does it work as a map selector switch?

Yes still works as normal.
The various settings are entered by different input combinations i.e. maps are changed by holding the set button and releasing when the correct number of flashes appears on the dash

I would like to get cruise control because I suppose I would like the flexibility for maps for example if I'm going for a long motorway drive, but knowing my luck I would be in standard map at the one point where I want the extra power.
Has APR not developed this for non cruise control cars yet? I reckon they could configure it through DIS display maybe?

I was going to resist modification for a long time, then I took it to Awesome Gti for a cambelt change and temptation kicked in!
The trouble is,once you start,it just gets worse...

ive got an APR map for my 1.8T FSI sport sportback.
its got four selectable modes via cruise control.
i can choose to select stock mode, race mode-unleaded,
race mode-super unleaded or valet mode plus its got a security
device.
power delivery is aggressive from stand still similar to REVO.
ive taken the car to speeds of 141MPH and it had plenty more in it.
power shot up from 160bhp to 234bhp according to a a recent dyno.
give keith lucas a shot at vw racing in milton keynes.

i had APR S1 done at awesome gti earlier this month, they said my car didnt have the facility to put any options on via the cruise control stalk due to not being enough memory!? i senr APR at milton keynes an email asking if they can check to see if i can get the advertised options but never recieved a reply. i do feel a bit robbed tbh.

Thats not good news monopole as this was one of the main reasons i wanted to get apr software. Might have to look at the giac extreme map now instead if you can't do the map switching on the cruise stalk with apr. :(

I had no problems map switching on my 08 S3 or previous 53 LCR

I had no problems map switching on my 08 S3 or previous 53 LCR

hence my feeling a bit robbed. i cant believe APR hq milton keynes wont even respond to my emails querying this. dissapoint!

thats a bit strange. i have the full EMCS programme and no problems for space. perhaps you need the declutter the cars brain of unused or duplicate dormant programms. APR is good stuff. perhaps you need to give them a call on 01908214303. here is a link too. APR Motorsport Ltd - High Performance Development for Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, and Porsche Vehicles.
i had APR S1 done at awesome gti earlier this month, they said my car didnt have the facility to put any options on via the cruise control stalk due to not being enough memory!? i senr APR at milton keynes an email asking if they can check to see if i can get the advertised options but never recieved a reply. i do feel a bit robbed tbh.

Last edited:
thats a bit strange. i have the full EMCS programme and no problems for space. perhaps you need the declutter the cars brain of unused or duplicate dormant programms. APR is good stuff. perhaps you need to give them a call on 01908214303. here is a link too. APR Motorsport Ltd - High Performance Development for Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, and Porsche Vehicles.

just been on the phone with them a few minutes ago. there are no optional extras for the newer S3 due to its ECU -for now- they are working on the program switching, lock out security etc etc and will happily update all currently flashed S1 software customers when they have the capability, not long now i was told.

When you say newer S3's monopole is that all 8P3's? My car is 2010 and am collecting my stage2+ parts and want to goapr! Will be dissapointing if i can't get the map switching! :(

Hello.
I'm a 2010 S3 Sportback (8P) owner in Singapore and am at APR Stage 1+. Was also unable to have the full options installed for my car, same reason as monopole-not enough memory in the ECU. And I have cruise control. Sigh.
But no regrets otherwise. Super smooth and quick, car has been dynoed to prove that APR delivers!
Gerald

What about pre facelift models are they affected in the same way? Only as I'm considering weighing up retrofitting cruise control, but I'm only getting it for the extra features of my map.

When you say newer S3's monopole is that all 8P3's? My car is 2010 and am collecting my stage2+ parts and want to goapr! Will be dissapointing if i can't get the map switching! :(

i cant really answer that, just what he said, apparently the same with some seat and vw new models.

bare in mind, they are working on getting the full EMCS functionality working, and soon.

That's the same with MY10 S3. I only have the standard Stage 1 map. That doesn't bother me so much and at the time I bought it they knocked of a few hundred bucks for cars that could only have the single program.