Help

syk919

Reaction score
53 audi a3 2.0 tdi
right ive got an oil leak problem! so over the last few days my oil level has gone from just above minimum to min and below and nearly empty! ive topped the oil up and i will check for further leaking but will it have anything to do with the k seal i used to stop a radiator leak? (cars leaking all over the place i know!!) audi

be nothing to do with that as your oil and coolant are 2 different systems and should never interact unless your head gasket has gone.

Has your oil filler cap got a white or creamy scum on it?

I had a similar problem turned out to be a breather pipe but oil could be seen clearly on the right side of my engine as you look at it and on the gear box.

no none of the creamy stuff i know that is connected to the cylinder head so i checked that first. i checked for oil but cant see any visible signs. il check again now

The best thing you can do is have a look from underneath and see any tell tale sign as to were it may be coming from, this will prob involve taking the belly pan off if your car has one to get good access and a good view.

yea brother works at local garage he said bring it in later.whats the worst case scenario?

not too sure without having a look but could be a cracked sump (quite unlikely), failed sump gasket or maybe just a slack drain plug but without a doubt the oil is going somewhere.

Is there any oil under the car when you leave it parked up? (but if you have a belly pan it could hide the worst of the oil and not show on the ground)

yea i have a belly pan so really hard to tell ive checked quite a few times but nothings showing il have to remove it later on

best thing you can do mate that way you get a good look and the source will be a lot easier to trace, especially if there is no sign from above it must be on the side or bottom of your engine but either way you will see it underneath.

Also when you are underneath have a check around the oil filter could just be that when it was serviced it may not have been tighted enough and may have slackened off, any way mate I hope it is an easy fix!

yea i did get it serviced a couple of months ago.fingers crossed its nothing major.aint got the dough atm lol