AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3Alex

Thread: S3 neuspeed cai

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    85

    S3 neuspeed cai

    Hi guys its my first audi so I kinda new to the vag scene, been a vauxhall boy and I must say I will never be going back. I'm looking to install a neuspeed cai to m 2007 s3. Will I see any sport of gains when fitted? It's a standard car

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamj View Post
    Hi guys its my first audi so I kinda new to the vag scene, been a vauxhall boy and I must say I will never be going back. I'm looking to install a neuspeed cai to m 2007 s3. Will I see any sport of gains when fitted? It's a standard car
    All CAI have similar gains, most of it is sharpened throttle response + darth vader noises from glove box

    heres mine The P-Flo is fitted- Some pics inside of it fitted.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  4. #3
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamj View Post
    Hi guys its my first audi so I kinda new to the vag scene, been a vauxhall boy and I must say I will never be going back. I'm looking to install a neuspeed cai to m 2007 s3. Will I see any sport of gains when fitted? It's a standard car
    From stock,you won't get big gains,but when you remap the car,you need the CAI,as the stock airbox and induction piping limit ariflow significantly.

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    From stock,you won't get big gains,but when you remap the car,you need the CAI,as the stock airbox and induction piping limit ariflow significantly.
    Is this really the case as others on this forum would have you beleive there is no need as the OEM airbox is totally capable at most some have said to smooth out the inside of the original airbox and us green cotton filter???

  6. #5
    Reload's Avatar
    Bird is the Word!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    367

    Re: S3 neuspeed cai

    Maybe on the 8L Models, but the 8P definitely needs an intake to properly exploit the engine potential
    At stage 1 you'll be okay with standard, anything above will require an intake
    Last edited by Reload; 18th December 2012 at 03:36.
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Es View Post
    Is this really the case as others on this forum would have you beleive there is no need as the OEM airbox is totally capable at most some have said to smooth out the inside of the original airbox and us green cotton filter???
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone describe the OEM airbox on an 8P S3 as 'totally capable', when talking about remapped cars. I ran the OEM box with a stage 1 map as I think lots of people have, but it is pretty well accepted that to go beyond that a Cold Air Intake is a very good idea\necessary.

  8. #7
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Neuspeed is probably one of the worst intakes for gains for the S3 - still a decent intake but there are better out there for example the new Revo intake or the ITG (I have).

    I plan in the new year to change to the Revo unit as it has a better air flow rate than my ITG.

    STaSIS Revo Performance Online Shop. Revo High Flow Air Intake System 2.0TFSI K03/K04

  9. #8
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    645
    I always advise to get a CAI even st stage 1. Personally I think the Neuspeed is more than capable. especially for stage 1/2/3.

  10. #9
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    It is a good intake but there are better. In the scale of things I would put it at the bottom along with the twintake.

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Maybe on the 8L Models, but the 8P definitely needs an intake to properly exploit the engine potential
    At stage 1 you'll be okay with standard, anything above will require an intake
    Possibly as it is an 8L that I have, though you'd think the engines not being worlds apart that the need for an aftermarket CAI would be similar.

  12. #11
    Reload's Avatar
    Bird is the Word!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    367

    Re: S3 neuspeed cai

    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Es View Post
    Possibly as it is an 8L that I have, though you'd think the engines not being worlds apart that the need for an aftermarket CAI would be similar.
    If your S3 is a 2007 its an 8P. The 8L model was only produced until 2002 (I think, maybe 2003)
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

  13. #12
    phil76's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SHEFFIELD
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Es View Post
    Is this really the case as others on this forum would have you beleive there is no need as the OEM airbox is totally capable at most some have said to smooth out the inside of the original airbox and us green cotton filter???
    Proofs in the pudding mate,they always make extra power as mentioned especially with a remap ,plus standard airbox wont allow the car to rev freely in the higher rev range put a mapped car back on a standard airbox or vice-versa and the gains are night and day,also agree with not thinking much of the neuspeed one either,evoms,vf engineering or ITG seem to be the common ones around the vag scene from people and know and cars i have seen


    Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

  14. #13
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Neuspeed is probably one of the worst intakes for gains for the S3 - still a decent intake but there are better out there for example the new Revo intake or the ITG (I have). I plan in the new year to change to the Revo unit as it has a better air flow rate than my ITG. STaSIS Revo Performance Online Shop. Revo High Flow Air Intake System 2.0TFSI K03/K04
    I may well do the same,but I have to say in the ITG's defence,that it's been good enough for 500+bhp.

  15. #14
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    645
    Fair enough everyone takes their choice, I have had the ITG on my S3 and that was great and I have the Neuspeed on my current GTI and that is also a good bit of kit.

    I'm not 100% convinced by the NEED for a bigger bore pipe before the MAF, I think a lot of companies bend the the results and attempt to blind people with Science in an effort to persuade them to spend £400 on what is essentially a pipe with a filter on the end.

    We are developing an intake in the new year as I feel there is a gap for a more reasonably priced kit with the option of different colour hoses and options. We will thoroughly test it and if I find there are huge benefits to a bigger bore pipe before the MAF I am big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

    I'm sure I won't be thanked by people in the industry for airing that view but never mind.

  16. #15
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Fair enough everyone takes their choice, I have had the ITG on my S3 and that was great and I have the Neuspeed on my current GTI and that is also a good bit of kit. I'm not 100% convinced by the NEED for a bigger bore pipe before the MAF, I think a lot of companies bend the the results and attempt to blind people with Science in an effort to persuade them to spend £400 on what is essentially a pipe with a filter on the end.We are developing an intake in the new year as I feel there is a gap for a more reasonably priced kit with the option of different colour hoses and options. We will thoroughly test it and if I find there are huge benefits to a bigger bore pipe before the MAF I am big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.I'm sure I won't be thanked by people in the industry for airing that view but never mind.
    I can see what you're getting at there,and in theory at least,maximum flow will be determined by the narrowest part of the system,as well as the point(s) at which turbulent air flow ensues.
    The points at which bends in the system are placed,and how much attention is paid to smoothing those,plus any narrowings(such as large bore pipes prior to the MAF as you mention),will also be important,but you either go for trial and error,or CFD studies to get that right.

  17. #16
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I can see what you're getting at there,and in theory at least,maximum flow will be determined by the narrowest part of the system,as well as the point(s) at which turbulent air flow ensues.
    The points at which bends in the system are placed,and how much attention is paid to smoothing those,plus any narrowings(such as large bore pipes prior to the MAF as you mention),will also be important,but you either go for trial and error,or CFD studies to get that right.
    I think it will be more worthwhile for something like your car mate when running huge power, as every last bit of air you can get through helps but for 'normal' stage tuned cars I am sceptical. I will test them though for sure. We will see I guess! For now though the Neuspeed is working brilliantly on our GTI.

  18. #17
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    I think it will be more worthwhile for something like your car mate when running huge power, as every last bit of air you can get through helps but for 'normal' stage tuned cars I am sceptical. I will test them though for sure. We will see I guess! For now though the Neuspeed is working brilliantly on our GTI.
    I think you're right on that,as it gets to the point where if everything isn't right,then the whole thing may not work as well as it could....I also agree that the Neuspeed seems to work well,and gets good press from the US users.

  19. #18
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Fair enough everyone takes their choice, I have had the ITG on my S3 and that was great and I have the Neuspeed on my current GTI and that is also a good bit of kit.

    I'm not 100% convinced by the NEED for a bigger bore pipe before the MAF, I think a lot of companies bend the the results and attempt to blind people with Science in an effort to persuade them to spend £400 on what is essentially a pipe with a filter on the end.

    We are developing an intake in the new year as I feel there is a gap for a more reasonably priced kit with the option of different colour hoses and options. We will thoroughly test it and if I find there are huge benefits to a bigger bore pipe before the MAF I am big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

    I'm sure I won't be thanked by people in the industry for airing that view but never mind.
    Im planning on an intake in the new year, i was looking at the Neuspeed as it looks good value for money and get good press from the US guys, but i think i'll wait and see what you guys come up with, Keep us informed!!

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    85
    I got the neuspeed from graeme at gnj Motorsport, top guy will be getting alot from him in the future , the cai was a doddle to fit, but was worth it. a little improvement from stock, and I have darth vader under my bonnet

  21. #20
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukus87 View Post
    Im planning on an intake in the new year, i was looking at the Neuspeed as it looks good value for money and get good press from the US guys, but i think i'll wait and see what you guys come up with, Keep us informed!!
    Will do mate, I have a lot on with us moving to our first unit but I am going to try and get the project sorted before spring.

    If not the Neuspeed is a great option as Adam says

  22. #21
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    140

    My Social Networking

    Visit S3 syc's Instagram Channel
    Il also keep my eye on this I'm in the market for a intake had my heart set on the forge twintake but looking further into it it does seem to get mixed reviews.

  23. #22
    RedDejavu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 syc View Post
    Il also keep my eye on this I'm in the market for a intake had my heart set on the forge twintake but looking further into it it does seem to get mixed reviews.
    For me it was too harsh with dry noise like something was grinding rather than breathing/sucking. It must be down to the dry filter they use as the one I've got now is very soft and smooth very pleasant to hear too.
    Be patient. English is tough.

    Now:

    61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /


  24. #23
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Personally I would either look at ITG or Revo.

    Timing pull was very high with a golf my mechanic was working on with the twintake, his cupra came with a neuspeed I think which he doesn't rate.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Neuspeed P-Flow CAI
    By gsmboy in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th April 2012, 14:50
  2. Neuspeed quickshift
    By forever in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th June 2004, 22:50
  3. Neuspeed 1.8T Turbo Intake Pipe
    By Markey in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th May 2004, 17:22
  4. TaiPan CAI fitting
    By cclarke184 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th March 2004, 16:32
  5. Quickshift Taipan Carbon Fibre CAI
    By jgrand in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27th February 2004, 13:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO