EGR Delete Kit; Removing the EGR

Muzzcuzz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just bought an EGR delete kit for my 8P 2.0TDi ( VAG 2.0 TDI EGR Roadsport Delete kit - FR&R Tuning| MAHA Dyno Rolling Road Tuning| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Engine Performance Upgrades - (Powered by CubeCart) ), I've searched the forum to try and find a thread on actually removing and replacing the EGR with a delete kit with no luck.. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would prefer to not have to do the install without some guidance from someone who has done this before.
Thanks in advance! =)

Ive done it on my 1,9 tdi.. Easy job, though I had to remove the metal from the 90* hose on mine...
Remember You need to mod the ecu also, or else it will post an error..

I am aware of this thanks Wahlstrom. What is the approximate cost of having to do a remap? If put the kit on when it arrives and don't have it remappped, is there any repercussions as such other than the engine management light coming on? i.e can I safely use it without doing any damage to the car, without having a remap done?

Mine run like a bag of cr@p when I blocked off the EGR (2.0 TDi BKD) so might be best to get this done on the day of a remap

Not got it mapped yet.... So unblocked the EGR and reset the fault codes. rough and erratic idle as well as lumpy running whilst it was blocked

Would love a remap for more power and to also map the fuelling for hot start

Is it easy to do? I think I'll be doing it soon after I've had my fly wheel looked at and a new turbo Wednesday

@Boon, how did you reset the fault codes? The kit Ive got looks like it replaces the EGR instead of blocking.. but would be useful to know if i do have the same issue as you how to revert the change

Reset with VCDS. Yes it will be just a straight tube into the inlet and a blanking plate for the rear (exhaust) end?

in there somewhere is the EGR sensor that measures the gasses being recirculated , when I blocked it off it wasn't reading any gasses but VCDS was displaying a value that it should be and because they wasn't the same it gave errors

Removing it without remapping it out will have the same effect that I got as far as I can work out?!

you're probably correct! I don't have a great deal of knowledge regarding the ins and outs of doing this mod, but I'm thinking wait till I get a remap sorted. The issue with waiting is, I'm moving back to New Zealand next month and the A3 is coming with me; this would be okay if european car parts weren't so overpriced, so I'm expecting to have to pay a rather hefty bill to have it remapped out there

No, no knowledge here either! Just keep being told to block it off so I did and it didn't like it!

I know as much as the EGR recirculates exhaust gas back into the engine to burn off unburnt fuel; An 'environmentally friendly' process that IMO does more harm than good. This is because: 1. It increases the air intake temperature resulting in a lower density of air going into the chambers. 2. Circulates dirty and oily crap back into the engine which clogs up moving parts and builds up reducing the maximum airflow in and out of the intercooler, the turbo, and the inlet manifold, eventually damaging your engine and hurting your pocket.
thats why it's worth getting rid of =P