revo's new cold air intake

c6dsy

Reaction score
Heard today revo is about to launch its new cold air intake its dearer than a itg maxogen but performs better seemingly after alot of rolling road development. I wouldnt expect nothing less mind you as there stage 2 plus remap needs a decent air intake. seemingly around £350 plus vat

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
IMG 0271

Actually looks very similar to the Maxogen in many ways,but the real point is that they've got around to developing their own...well done!

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Where can i get some more info?

i was told its not officially launched but in stock now contact revo and get info from them, i think it does look finished off better and also wonder what the pipe meterial is for heat soak air duct looks better from front panel too from original air intake duct rather than just behind headlight and wing, its all in one area now blanking out engine heat as much as possible

You should try mine for noise. Lol.

Seriously though,the ITG was actually a lot quieter than the Forge it replaced.
Having a big turbo as well helped as the poor thing isn't screeching any more.

Just get the occasional snuffle from the intake.

Exhaust though is antisocial.

You should try mine for noise. Lol.

Seriously though,the ITG was actually a lot quieter than the Forge it replaced.
Having a big turbo as well helped as the poor thing isn't screeching any more.

Just get the occasional snuffle from the intake.

Exhaust though is antisocial.

I bet your is like a rocket taking off. I had Forge Twintake and wasnt impressed with the noise it was making bit tacky and more like rubbing. Maybe it was down to dry filter they use or something else I dont know but my current VWR Induction kit aka ITG is way better and very pleasant to listen to.

I bet your is like a rocket taking off. I had Forge Twintake and wasnt impressed with the noise it was making bit tacky and more like rubbing. Maybe it was down to dry filter they use or something else I dont know but my current VWR Induction kit aka ITG is way better and very pleasant to listen to.

I think it was a combination of the stock turbo squealing plus the old Forge intake making a fair bit of mouse on its own but the much bigger ITG plus a turbo that's not run to its rpm limits makes for a much quieter intake.

I would think the Revo will be at least as good looking at the pipework and the way it's been made.

Any more news on this? I can see this being a Christmas present to myself :0

I spoke to my local revo dealer at the weekend and he is still waiting for more info.

Thanks Carl. Last time I looked on the website there were no prices, either that or I couldnt find them.

25% gain over its nearest competitor? That's a huge improvement. I wonder what it was tested against??

I would guess at an ITG as i am pretty sure Revo used the ITG to develop their software initally.

Well you can let me know as you might have a buyer for your ITG! ;o)

The cost of these things is getting ridiculous. I need to pull my finger out and get ours into production. It will do exactly the same and cost nearly half that. I'm not knocking the product, it looks awesome to be fair to them but £420?

I agree that £420 is a lot, but if it does what it claims to do then i'd say its worth it. Thats just my opinion.

GNJ, if yours will really do the same at half the price then you should get cracking and get it in production because it will fly off the shelves before you can say 'cold air intake'

The cost of these things is getting ridiculous. I need to pull my finger out and get ours into production. It will do exactly the same and cost nearly half that. I'm not knocking the product, it looks awesome to be fair to them but £420?

I quite agree......silly money now, and what was that G.....your going to pop one of your 'home made' jobbies on my car to test it for errrmmm a very long time.... ?:happy: well thankyou very much..... :)

Does the Revo one require you to keep the engine cover off?

Very true I only have bought mine VWR induction kit because it was on great deal otherwise I wouldnt bother spending 400-440 quid on something so simple to manufacture.

I agree that £420 is a lot, but if it does what it claims to do then i'd say its worth it. Thats just my opinion.

GNJ, if yours will really do the same at half the price then you should get cracking and get it in production because it will fly off the shelves before you can say 'cold air intake'

It is in the early stages yet but it isn't rocket Science what it will be like, they are all the same really. I have the Neuspeed P Flo on my GTI and that is a great bit of kit. It has everything the others have apart from the heatshield around the filter which isn't needed in my opinion. I'm sure our testing will prove that.

Basically ours will be similar to the Neuspeed with a different brand of cone filter (yet to be decided) and a bigger bore pipe after the MAF. It probably won't look as fancy as the REVO model but never mind. It will also be the only kit on the market to my knowledge with a colour choice on the hoses.

I quite agree......silly money now, and what was that G.....your going to pop one of your 'home made' jobbies on my car to test it for errrmmm a very long time.... ?:happy: well thankyou very much..... :)

I'm afraid we have a demo car to test it on mate, sorry :)

It is in the early stages yet but it isn't rocket Science what it will be like, they are all the same really. I have the Neuspeed P Flo on my GTI and that is a great bit of kit. It has everything the others have apart from the heatshield around the filter which isn't needed in my opinion. I'm sure our testing will prove that.

Basically ours will be similar to the Neuspeed with a different brand of cone filter (yet to be decided) and a bigger bore pipe after the MAF. It probably won't look as fancy as the REVO model but never mind. It will also be the only kit on the market to my knowledge with a colour choice on the hoses.

I'm afraid we have a demo car to test it on mate, sorry :)

OK first of all have you got your kit close to launch, and secondly im interested to see your comment about the heatshield not being required.
I was pondering your comment about the heat shield not being required. How much this does make a difference, whilst it may more so in traffic on a hot day, at 40/50+ would the air flow under the bonnet be more turbulent and therefore dissipating local engine heat quicker? How did you come to your conclusion?

Also anyon got any comments on the Revo CAI? Noise performance anything? Am i missing something here, is there a performance mag running tests and reviews on these?

The heat sheild is not required, as far as I know, due to the ceramic (I think) coating on the intake pipe.

Noise - far nicer and sharper than my ITG

Performance - pulled 9g/s air more than my ITG

Yeah good point, or if REVO might address their ripoff markup now there's some competition. Id like to see a Dyno shootout between these, im amazed there hasn't been one already. Either the REVO is 100quid more and better then AMD/AS or worse and worse, imagine that :O

I do like the look of the Revo too, i dont want pretty colours under my bonnet im 42 and strictly hetrosexual! I like the fact Revo is virtually one piece.

Reactions: RedDejavu
Sorry for thread revival but how is everyone that went with the revo kit finding it? Good? Bad? I find mine is very noisy. Especially when reversing actually. Car does seem to go well though.

I love mine and personally love the noise, I had mine mapped at the same time the intake went on so its hard to quantify improvement however the car goes very well. It is reported that it is marginally better than the ITG, but essentially the top intakes all do a similar job, suppose it comes down to price, looks and noise at the end of the day.

Reactions: s3_trev
I love mine, not as loud as my old ITG. I find it more crisp and precise - the bhp gains should be more than adequate to deal with the noise lol

Reactions: s3_trev
How noisy is this Revo intake compared to standard? Does anyone have a video? I want to go to Stage 2+ (currently Revo Stage 1) but don't want to sound chavvy.

If you youtube search audi s3 revo stage 2 you will see Warrens old facelift grey s3 - you will get an idea of the noise and I think his was with the ITG.

Personally I do not see how anyone can think it is noisey lol you add it for the noise!!! I am not saying it is extortionately loud, I wouldn't have it if it was. I thought my ITG was louder than my Revo.

Reactions: s3_trev and Hoesty