Brand new car - door rattle

Hbn74

Reaction score
Hi!

Picked up my new sportback 1 month ago. Now both doors on the passenger side is making some irritating noise. If I push on the elbow armrest on the door it goes away. Any idea?

Br, Henrik

Brand new car?
Take it back to the dealership and ask them to rectify.

What SAiLO said!

Don't waste your time trying to work out whats wrong or fix it. This is why you have Audi Warranty.

My A3 developed a rattle under the front BOSE speaker grill on the dash. After 5 visits to the main dealer it was finally fixed.

If its something that you cant find and sorted yourself then yes take it back to the dealer otherwise a bit of this could help:]:

I've used it to get rid of 2 annoying rattles on my car which were a cigarette lighter plastic and passenger blanking dashboard plastic

Acoustaseal2_large.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for a simple solution.
Guess I better take it to the dealer. Hope they do not damage anything (scratch something)..... or wash the car.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for a simple solution.
Guess I better take it to the dealer. Hope they do not damage anything (scratch something)..... or wash the car.

If they do damage something, take it back again ! You have Audi warranty so consider making use of it, if necessary !

i had this with my brand new golf gti, it was some wiring in the door that wasn't clipped in properly vw fixed it under warranty

I have talked to the dealership. They will look at my car on Tuesday next week.

I have talked to the dealership. They will look at my car on Tuesday next week.

It's a common issue with the A3... Had this on all the cars we have owned. All Audi will do will wipe the door and seal with a silicon cleaner which will stop the creaking for a few months but it will return. You'll find it will do it more in warmer weather rather than colder.

You will find the noise will stop if you lower the window too...

It's a common issue with the A3... Had this on all the cars we have owned. All Audi will do will wipe the door and seal with a silicon cleaner which will stop the creaking for a few months but it will return. You'll find it will do it more in warmer weather rather than colder.

You will find the noise will stop if you lower the window too...

Yep I get those creaking nosies on mine too. There was a solution somewhere here on the forum but cant work it out where have I seen it.

I have tried silicon spray on the door seals, and also tried crayon (a tip on the forum). But neither helped.
Almost sounds like there is something loose inside the door.

My Audi dealer still got my car. They could not hear any sound yesterday so they decided to keep it overnight indoors. I mentioned to them that I often hear the sound in the morning when I take it out from a warm garage. So it might have to do with temperature difference.

When they test drove it this morning they could hear the sound. So they have been working on the car today. They will keep it until tomorrow and have it indoors again and test drive it tomorrow morning and check if the sound is gone.

FWIW, my A3 also had rattling coming from two doors shortly after taking delivery. The dealer fixed it in the first 10k miles, and it hasn't been a problem since (I'm at 87k now.) Oh, and I also prefer that they don't wash my car. I just made a point of telling the service writer not to have it washed each time I took it in. No problem, less work for them anyway!