"Re-Gen" Help

Jonathaan

Quattro
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A bit of help needed please i have had a look around on here and cannot seem to find my answer...

What happens when a "Re-Gen cycle" Starts ? - I know what a Re-gen consists of, as in the operations.

But inside the car - i presume a light comes on? but is there anything else which happens?

Is it a "Engine Light Fault" which comes on or another "DPF Re-Gen" light?

I would like as much info as possible here guys maybe even some pics, as i have a few bones to pick...

Thanks in advance

Assume you're talking about a TDI 170 PD??

During normal regeneration cycles there are NO lights on the dash, you can usually feel the throttle feels different, sometimes a little inconsistent on light throttle.

Next stage is a DPF warning light that appears on the dash to warn that the car needs to be run under steady driving conditions in order for it to complete a regen cycle. This would happen if the normal "hidden" regenerations are not allowed to complete, for example if you do a series of short journies and switch off during a regen.

Next stage is coil light I think and possible limp mode.

Assume you're talking about a TDI 170 PD??

During normal regeneration cycles there are NO lights on the dash, you can usually feel the throttle feels different, sometimes a little inconsistent on light throttle.

Next stage is a DPF warning light that appears on the dash to warn that the car needs to be run under steady driving conditions in order for it to complete a regen cycle. This would happen if the normal "hidden" regenerations are not allowed to complete, for example if you do a series of short journies and switch off during a regen.

Next stage is coil light I think and possible limp mode.

Yes i presume that is my engine, it is a 2.0TDi 170 bhp 57 plate if that helps clarify this?

And what does this "DPF Light" look like, just i took my car back to Audi 3 days after injector re-call as i had a engine light on...

Bearing in mind i traveled from Leeds to Middlesbrough that weekend and he told me it was a DPF issue and they had to do a Re-Gen, i asked why did no DPF light come on and he was unable to answer me?

Yes 57 will be PD 170.

The DPF light comes up on the centre computer screen in the centre of the dash (not a warning light in the clocks), you can't miss it as it stays on until the regen is complete. It might sound daft but I can't recall exactly what it looks like, thinks it's like this though;

DPF_light.png

Yes 57 will be PD 170.

The DPF light comes up on the centre computer screen in the centre of the dash (not a warning light in the clocks), you can't miss it as it stays on until the regen is complete. It might sound daft but I can't recall exactly what it looks like, thinks it's like this though;

DPF_light.png

Thank you for your help m8, really appreciated it :icon_thumright:

Do the 140's do this?

Both my radiator fans stayed on for a couple of minutes last night (on two separate journeys in the space of a couple of hours). When driving I noticed that where I was comfortably driving in second gear, it would suggest changing down to first ( "1<2" on DIS ) similarly with third gear, suggesting I go down to second ( "2<3" ) - I assume it was wanting me to keep my revs quite high? I noticed when stopped as well the stop / start never kicked in and the revs idled slightly higher than usually (around 1k). There was no light on the dash though to suggest it was doing "something".

My circumstances have changed very recently from a 60 mile round trip down the motorway to work, to a 5 minute drive into the city centre (which as I diesel I assume it won't be pleased about?).

It concerned me at first but as I put the pieces together and concluded it was a re-gen - is it?

Do the 140's do this?

Both my radiator fans stayed on for a couple of minutes last night (on two separate journeys in the space of a couple of hours). When driving I noticed that where I was comfortably driving in second gear, it would suggest changing down to first ( "1<2" on DIS ) similarly with third gear, suggesting I go down to second ( "2<3" ) - I assume it was wanting me to keep my revs quite high? I noticed when stopped as well the stop / start never kicked in and the revs idled slightly higher than usually (around 1k). There was no light on the dash though to suggest it was doing "something".

My circumstances have changed very recently from a 60 mile round trip down the motorway to work, to a 5 minute drive into the city centre (which as I diesel I assume it won't be pleased about?).

It concerned me at first but as I put the pieces together and concluded it was a re-gen - is it?

my 170 does the same as all what you say here and I've put it down to the DPF.