help required by some one with vagcom please. 00655 seat belt problem, cash paid

rob.dren.1981

Reaction score
hi really need someones help . i have an audi 2006 tfsi 3 door , i'm getting code 00655 (passenger side seat belt igniter) on my scanner tool , however it will not delete. i have spoken to steve at c&R of nottingham and he suggests replacing the passenger front seat belt unit. i've tried every where to get a second hand unit but no on seems to have one available that hasn't been triggered. i cant currently afford a new one £200 due to the time of year . so until i can, could some one in the EAST MIDLANDS area please turn the passenger one off only, so i still have some of my air bag system active in the intrim . obviously ill pay you for your service.

many thanks rob 07854298907

Last edited:
Rob that DTC is for the seatbelt tensioner ignitor not the airbag, the yellow plug under the seat is for the airbag:
[h=2]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Resistance too High[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Short to positive[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Short to ground[/h][h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Malfuncton Indicator Light (MIL) active
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) faulty
  • Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)
    • Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
  • Check Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)
[h=4]Special Notes[/h]
  • When "Short to positive" or "Short to ground" is found, DO NOT CLEAR THE DTC. This can cause the tensioner to deploy. See repair manual for more information.