Audi Dog Guard

medicineman

Reaction score
Hi folks

Anyone know anything about the above?

Since I need to keep spot 1 and 2

DSCF0019.jpg

In the boot I need a guard.

Spin140 is selling his, however I was told by the dealers before that they will not fit a quattro the reason been the Q boot is shallower but neither of us can understand this since the guard fits across the back of the seats.

So anyone any idea? Anyone got one fitted to a Q?

Cheers!

Aren't they all covered in?

I thought the dog guard went accross the rear where the parcel shelf goes but theres legs that drop down to the boot floor.

But i could be wrong on both counts.

J.

Was after one too. For Hols in a couple of weeks. Need to keep Dogs in car over night - Why are we camping again? So don't want them all over the leather.

Probably gonna go for a universal mesh guard £30 halfords. Or find on e-bay.

Audi one looks nice and fits on the seat clips apparently. However they do have a guard that protects the seat back aswell and I am not sure how deep that is. If the Quattros boot is shallower it may not fit.

Anyone know?

Hey Medicineman, they look great...... are they really called Spot 1 and Spot 2?

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't they all covered in?

I thought the dog guard went accross the rear where the parcel shelf goes but theres legs that drop down to the boot floor.

But i could be wrong on both counts.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guard does go across the rear of the seat but no feet just utilises usual seat locking mechanism, can also leave parcel shelf in place when used. (Obviously not when the dogs are in the car!!)

Whay hey where back

Big thanks to Martin who kindly travelled up to meet me!

The dog guard fits the quattro so audi get it wrong again!

The dogs are both rescue hounds, Rosie on the left a 14 month old bitch and Jessica on the right a 7 year old bitch. Both now happily contained behind dog guard!

Cheers again Martin!

[ QUOTE ]
Whay hey where back

Big thanks to Martin who kindly travelled up to meet me!

The dog guard fits the quattro so audi get it wrong again!

The dogs are both rescue hounds, Rosie on the left a 14 month old bitch and Jessica on the right a 7 year old bitch. Both now happily contained behind dog guard!

Cheers again Martin!

[/ QUOTE ]

A pleasure David, it was good to talk 'cars' with someone as interested as myself - makes a change to boring the Mrs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad you are pleased with the guard, highly recommended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

yeah thanks for pics. I'll keep my eye out for one now. Not required for this trip, but it will come up I'm sure.

Kev. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

On this topic does anyone know, or has fitted, a dog guard to an A3 Sportback. Cost and recommendation wuold be appreciated!

Have a new little puppy - George, to be carted around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can't figure out how to upload pics... Not sure if I have a web server top do that!!! Dope

Cheers H (Computer-iliterate!)

Pretty sure it is the same dog guard for both 3 & 5 doors, worth getting, safer for you guys and the little pup in event of an accident plus keeps your car nice n' clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Guys, anyone know of a Audi dog guard going for sale? One on fleebay at the moment but I think it will go for around £70 and they are only £80 from the dealers i think...?

I too have a spot

poppy.jpg

but she is a GSP.

D3fy,

Watchout as I ordered one for my old 1.8TQ and it didn't fit. They are not designed for Quattro cars with the shallower boot. Argos do an adjustable one that does the job here

Edit: Just read above and it appears they fit the 8P model!

Thanks Booster - that's what I was telling the parts guy - 'but it says on audi sport that they do fit' no, no sorry sir Audi say not.

Soon find out

Not that it needs two people to say the same but, I have just fitted the Audi £80 dog guard (Not Quattro) to my A3 Quattro and it fits perfect, wonder why they say it does not fit?

D3fy

Just out of interest how much was it cos now my car is being delivered week monday, I'll be needing one pretty soon!

Cheers H

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but could you tell me if the dog guard sits below the boot floor on the quattro and is it harder to lock the seats in position. It seems on the pics that it does sit below the boot?

It fits directly behind the seats, it make no differance to locking the seats in-place and is slightly lower than the boot floor.

It fits perfectly and have no idea why they say not quattro? I wil post up a few more pics when I get a chance.

Nice one d3fy. You got one of the whole thing from the open boot?
Also do you know what the part number is?

Cheers H

No sorry, if you order the one priced at around £80 you will fine, the next one up is around £230.

Blimney thats a bit of a step. What's the difference? Is it gold plated or something?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Dribbling, stinking, poo machines. I hope they sh#t on your nice boot carpet, like they do on our pavements / streets / outside schools & shops etc.....

Mind you, locked in a boot is the best place for them. Can't bite, terrorise, poo, chew, dribble, or generally harass anything from in there.

No, I don't have a dog by they way.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Well miket's comments certainly came from left field (thanks for the input to the debate and goodbye ;-) )

d3fy's response was carefully measured and concise!

It's nice to see an adult debate in the forum, keep up the good work!

Yes I have dogs, but that's not important now.....

OK, sorry, I appreciate that normally rational people lose their sense of reality & reason when it comes to their precious mutts. so I'm sorry for treading on hallowed ground. (poo'd on or otherwise)

However, that dog guard looks quite hard, don't they do a padded version to prevent dog chips in the event of a crash?

Miket

Don't suppsose you work for the RSPCA then? ;¬)

h