Gauge that does everything, but i dont know what it is.

BriggsJ

Third Gear
Reaction score
Hi everyone
was just parked up in my car and 2 very nice S3's turned up that ive never seen before. I went over for a chat and after talking about the cars one lad had a small electronic gauge fitted in his air vent. I asked him what it was because it was just a blank screen. He turned his car on and showed me.

He could select loads of different views showing boost pressure, BHP, fault codes that may pop up on the car, all sorts. He told me who made them but in the excitement of seeing something new, ive compleetly forgoten what he said. I think me mentioned racetech, and he said it cost over £200 from what i remember.

I was wondering if anyone on here might know what it was and where i could find one?

it was obviously sat inside the air vent, was all digital and the screen was a bit smaller than half an i-phone screen. To look through the menus there was a small black bit that acted like a d-pad.

Anyone have any ideas. Cheers

one of these mate?

Not mine - i dont have one
IMG_0882.jpg

I mannaged to find them on the internet, and your right they are Liquid Guages. They are pretty expensive though, but when i saw one in action they do enough to justify the money i think.
cheers everyone.

Just throwing in my 2 pennies.

Google: Torque android supermini OBDII bluetooth adaptor

One of my work colleagues has this in his Leon FR.. its pretty cheap (and a bit naff imo) but it seems to work ok . It runs live data to an app on your phone. Good for quick diagnostics I suppose.

Personally, I dont think you can beat a good mechanical gauge!:playful:

I have the torque app, for some reason doesnt show boost on my S3.

I also have the Torque app, I had to select the Boot gauge from a sub menu, i'll try and get a snapshot.

Reactions: S.
I used to use Dash command on the head unit (until i broke the connecter on the head unit when pulling it out) that worked really well
I can still use it but just on my phone

I used to use Dash command on the head unit (until i broke the connecter on the head unit when pulling it out) that worked really well
I can still use it but just on my phone
Was that on Android - Apple don't want to approve them for use on CarPlay :(

14192568_10154582354354924_2798833401147475078_n.jpg

broke this connector off, so can't use it on the head unit now :-(
Ok - can you give a heads up of how your setup did work? I can connect my iPhone to my head unit via USB but then the unit just goes into CarPlay which won't show Dash Command. I can of course just have Dash Command show on my iphone but that's not very elegant. Thx.

+1 for P3cars. look oem and air still goes through vent. Just a note...do not use the vw/audi obd splitter on eBay. It does not communicate with all the modules. order the gauge with the white output and red bar

Ok - can you give a heads up of how your setup did work? I can connect my iPhone to my head unit via USB but then the unit just goes into CarPlay which won't show Dash Command. I can of course just have Dash Command show on my iphone but that's not very elegant. Thx.

You need the cable that plugs into the yellow connector at the back of the unit and it also plugs into the USB port. The cables are about
£10 on ebay. Then you change the setting to iphone in the menu.