Which Roofbox best fits my 3 door A3?

funkycat

Reaction score
I need to find a roof box for my A3 in order to keep it! If I can't, then it'll have to go as we have 1st sproglet pending and the travel system fills the boot!

I need to know what size to get in order to ensure that the boot will still fully open (inc boot spoiler) when the box is on the roof. I am considering the Thule Ocean 80 or 100.

Really don't want to part with my A3 just yet, so any recommendations/experience is welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What roof bars do you have? And how the hell do they attach to the rear of the car as the windows don't open and there are no grips to attached the bars too (as far as I can see)?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I've got Thule square section bars, Thule Rapid System and the appropriate A3 footpack. Its very clever, the back bar foot pack clips in under the rubber of the back window. Have a look, if you pull back the rubber slightly, you can see where the foot pack clips in.

Works fine, my bike is quite happy up there at 85mph on the motorway! hasn't come off yet!