Pics from IAM Skills Day at Croft Circuit

Helifella

Co-Driver ~ Hattie
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I recently did my first track day, which was through the Institute of Advanced Motorists. Called a Skills Day you get to take your car round either Croft or Silverstone (inner track) with a Class 1 traffic Police examiner.

I had loads of track sessions throughout the afternoon, alternating with another driver, sharing the examiner/instructor.

Paired with a really nervous lady our instructor asked me if she could sit in with my track sessions to show her what can be achieved - must have been doing something right...

I took my GoPro Hero2 and i've just received a disc of photos from a pro photographer in the post which you can see below.

12 59952 12 59973 12 60233 12 60348 12 60385 12 60505 12 60520 12 60010

IAM Skills Day~Croft.2012 onboard Audi A3 Black Edition Sportback - YouTube

Reactions: shariain
Car is looking great mate, the video... :ermm: Oh dude that looks like my sunday drive on a track :p JK. How much was it? What's a motorway car doing on a track lol. Oops soz for the dislike, they should create a confirm for that button.

It was £129, yeah it does look rather pedestrian, but it has made my driving a lot smoother, balanced and quicker on the open public road, which is where it counts (at least for me) LOL. Maybe I should have worded it as my first time on track rather than a track day so to speak - they sell it as a skills day, purely using the track as a safe environment to focus on building responsible skills to use in a public place. Subtle progression. :)

Croft is a good circuit,no lids so knew you were not going to break lap records but as long as you learnt something from the day alls good,some of the people who race on public roads should try a day like this.

Not sure if you picked up on audio but one corner I was struggling to get round at 40 odd mph then by the end I was touching 70mph without fuss.

The first dates for next year are out - Stowe is the circuit at Silverstone. Bikes & cars welcome as are none IAM members.

IAM Skills Days