Heated mirrors and folding not working :-s

Ste45

Reaction score
Recently purchased a my09 s3 , it has the factory option of heated mirrors and folding , but for some reason niether are working , can get the glass to move via switch just no heat or fold , any help apreciated , cheers

How long have you had the car and has either function ever worked in your possession?

No never worked since ive owned it , did they come with the same switch with the options to heat and fold even though there not actually fitted ?

I wouldn't have thought so. I assume you have the function at the 6 o'clock position on the door armrest to fold the mirrors?

If you've only owned it for a short time would it still be under warranty?

Ye fold at 6 heated at 12 , no i bought it private and its just over 3 yrs old so out ov audi warrenty, had it plugged into vag com nothing coming up on that

Are you able to fold the mirrors with you hands quite easily and normally? I haven't tried folding my electric folding ones so wouldn't know what to expect but I suspect it wouldn't be as easy as if they were non electric folding. Be careful!

Next thing I would check then is the heating connections inside the wing mirror case. If you angle the glass as far down as you can towards the floor, then get your fingers in behind and gently pull the glass off the mount. There should be 2 (i think) connections to the glass, this is the heating aspect.

Doesn't the mirror heating work off the rear screen button in the climate control panel?

Don't think so, it has it's own switch position on the drivers door where the electric window buttons are.

On an 09 it works off the windscreen de-mist button. You have to have the wing mirror dial at 12 o'clock as well.

Ok so had a look behind my mirror definatly got connections for heated mirror to the glass , tryed it with front demist still not workin , ther is a light last iluminates on dash or not when there switched on isnt there ? Also folded mirrors in by hand they fold in fairly easy dont feel like im pushin a motor if you get me , can i use one of these vin decoders to see if it was definatly fitted from factory ? cheers