Rear Brake Light...

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi,

When I bought my A3, I noticed that the high level brake light plastic was cracked but still worked fine.

I've recently bought a whole tailgate with an S Line spoiler on it. I'm going to be taking the spoiler off, respraying and fitting to my A3 but gonna change the brake light as its fine on the tailgate that I bought.

Anyway, is it just a case of wipping the trim off the inside of the tailgate, pushing old light out and putting the new one in or is it held in by some clips or something?

Thanks

Might need a bit more information... -Hatchback or Sportback?

For Sportback, search out the insructions for fitting the Votex rear spoiler... they've got a full description of how to remove the clips... and yes, there are clips.

For hachback, I don't know.

Yes, I have just replaced my broken third brake light on my 3 door and there are some clips, but they are reusable. You need to remove the trim on the inside of the tailgate, slide the black rear of the light unit a bit to the right and you can then push out the light unit. You then need to fish for the clips and springs in the tailgate, put the black slider back on the light unit and its ready to refit.