Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: Test drove a3

Neutral

Status

Test drove a3

Today I test drove the Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 58 reg with 56200 miles one owner full audi service history that I have checked, there are a few scratches on the boot lid and bumper and they are going to mop it out. For a car of this age ect serviced at 6000 miles ago is there something need to look for\ be warey of with a car of this age some I have spoken to say that is only just run it at this mileage is that true I've never spent more that 3 k on a car so spending a lot more is a shock to the system and I'm aworryer any words of advice or wisdom would be much greatful

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi,

I can't comment on the exact model you are looking at but I had a 2009 diesel Scirocco for three years in which time I put 67k on the clock. The car had 5k when I bought it 6 months old. At 72k miles the engine still felt great. Pulled well, never had any sign of an issue and felt like it could easily have gone for another 72k (and then some). Great engines that will last if maintained. Just check for the usual stuff - good comprehensive history, no rattles, squeaks or bangs on the test drive and no signs of accident damage. If its been cared for, generally you shouldn't worry. If you are a worrier by nature, consider buying from a reputable garage or audi dealer who can offer you a comprehensive warranty and therefore peace of mind.

Mo

Neutral

Status
    My 2009 A3 2.0 TDI with 101k feels as eager and responsive as I expect it would have when new.

Neutral

Status
    if it was me like mentioned check tyres, service history, bodywork, interior, any sounds when test driving.

also being near 60k i would check if the cambelt / waterpump has been changed, if not i would haggle for them to do this in the price before purchasing.

Different Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukehh View Post
    if it was me like mentioned check tyres, service history, bodywork, interior, any sounds when test driving.

also being near 60k i would check if the cambelt / waterpump has been changed, if not i would haggle for them to do this in the price before purchasing.
    But the cambelt doesn't need to be changed until 75K or every 5 years?
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    But the cambelt doesn't need to be changed until 75K or every 5 years?
    oh is that standard for the 2.0 tdi? i've always just gone on the basis of waterpump + cambelt at 60k or 3/4 years which ever comes first for all my cars.

Neutral

Status
    Every model is different mate. I had a diesel (not Audi) that had a manufacturer's recommendation of 120k or 10 years!

If you're planning in doing 20k in the next year it may be worth mentioning it to the seller, you might be able to negotiate a small discount, even if it's only £50 or £100!

Different Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstev View Post
    Every model is different mate. I had a diesel (not Audi) that had a manufacturer's recommendation of 120k or 10 years!

If you're planning in doing 20k in the next year it may be worth mentioning it to the seller, you might be able to negotiate a small discount, even if it's only £50 or £100!
    Don't think so, Audi have generalised it- Regular maintenance < Maintaining your Audi < Owners area < Audi UK
    Ignore what your book says
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    Don't think so, Audi have generalised it- Regular maintenance < Maintaining your Audi < Owners area < Audi UK
    Ignore what your book says
    I meant every car is different not just Audi models.