Adapter cable LED taillights

tudy

Reaction score
hi,im looking for some info i want to make my own adapter for the led taillights as simple as possible
I found one on this site but it dont mention if u want the resistors on, were they go
Basically what i got from that diy is i can just get the plug for the led outers and insert the pins from current plug and for the inners i have to get repair wires cause the pins are smaller in that case and did not found where the resistors go
Anybody can help me on this?
Thanks

I coulda swore I seen this somewhere before yesterday.

Do a search!

Last edited:
I always make up my own looms and dont use resistors when i wire them in and they work perfectly fine
And your leds dont flecker or have any error bulb out?
If not ill try it then without
Thanks

Likewise, I made my own looms without resistors and have not had any flickering or bulb errors either. The LED tubes on the inner lamps are connected to my plate lights, which do have resistors installed (non-OEM LEDs,) but the outers do not have resistors in play anywhere and work fine. :thumbup:

anybody know how do i take the wires from the old connector?maybe there is a trick,i want to avoid cutting the old connector if possible,i understand from my readings the pins from old cable is the same for new connector
I want to have only one plug for each of the lights
Thanks

You need a pin removal tool, or u could use a thin piece of metal to unclip the pin. You need to do it from the front of the connector in the small gap above the hole where the pin end can be seen. It's not easy without a pin removal tool though. As for the inners just cut the ends off and solder on the new repair wires