squeaky situation...

G

_G_

My front right suspension all of a sudden started squeaking....noticed it on slow speed bumps. The squeak is like closing a rusted door...kinda squeak.
Took the wheel off and found nothing. Traced it down to spring area. I can replicate the squeak when I press down on the front right. Does anyone have any idea what to check next?

are these control arm bit things dangerous if left for too long? I want to know how long I can go without touching them. I'm easy over the pot holes. Just did a few major repairs costing £300.

Mine also had a squeak mainly noticeable over speed bumps. I took it Audi and whilst they said the suspension was fine they decided to add some grease to it. The squeak has now stopped.

where abouts did they add the grease? ive got all mannerisms of grease... copper grease, castrol LM grease..

I'm having the same problem when going over the speed bumps. Not always, but it does happen often enough to annoy me.
So what grease and where? ;)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKKKK!!!!!!!! :(

I've been reading up around this and it may be dust or some kind of debris stuck in an important part / and that no part of the suspension should ever be greased.. I will keep googling.

Found this my brother from another mother: If you have checked you suspension components anti-roll bar, wishbones, shocks etc try looking at the mounts they will tend to squeak if they damaged or leaking.

Last edited by a moderator: