Volks AutosChris Nott
    VAG Junkie

Status

Passenger door, central locking

Afternoon Guys,

Strange thing just starting happening. Unlock the car, pressing the button the correct amount of times, sometimes the passenger door unlocks, others times it won't and I have to open it from the handle inside.

Even the unlock button on the drivers door won't open it. Getting on my nerves now.

Any ideas?

I did a search and people were talking about the door modules.

Cheers

Nobber
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    mines doing the same have you fixed this?

Fossie

Status
    There are three microswitches in the window motor. The grease on these parts eventually causes the plastic operating levers to stick.

If all the switches are not operating in the correct sequence the central locking module does not know what's going on and doesn't allow the unlock.

I know this because 2 months ago I had the same problem and tried to source a new door module. This is part of the window motor and not available separately.

I dis-assembled the motor and found all the gunged up switches and plastic bits and they all popped out like the workings of a Swiss watch !! Fortunately I managed to find all of them.

6 Hours later, after sussing the problem, re-lubricating everything and then eventually getting it all back together and then re-setting with vcds everything worked ok and has done since.

Basically it's a problem with the window motor microswitches which, for some reason best known to Audi, control the door locking mechanism ! The door control module is the black bit clipped onto the motor, so if you don't want to fart about like I did, all you have to do is find another compatible motor, change the module over and re-fit !

I bought one thinking the module was goosed but eventually found out it was the motor switches !

Sorry for the ramble but it took me 6 hours to fix so the explanation had to be complicated !