s3 black mirror caps

c6dsy

Reaction score
where do i get black mirror caps for s3 i dont like the shiny ones much

Should be, you can probably get a pair off ebay and have them painted too, or just get some black ones from the stealers.

Better double check they're the same size, but pretty sure they are.

I'll be having mine vinyl wrapped professionally.
If I go somewhere decent for the work you'd never know they were wrapped.
And it's got to be cheaper than buying new mirrors and easier to self
reverse and restore to original.
Although they are truly things of beauty, they have to be disguised.
At least the vinyl will protect the originals from minor scuffing and stonechips.
They advertise the A3 variant you have to the wrong people
unfortunately. Sleeper FTW.

i was thinking of wrapping mine but then if they get hit its broken so i will keep them in a box and buy some normal ones and get them painted

Get any colour off ebay and wrap them, then you have the shiny S3 ones set aside for putting back on whenever you want.

Is it a doorcard off job to switch mirrors on these cars?
It was on my last one. A pain in the butt to be sure.

Dunno, maybe check one of the facelift threads? Pretty sure there'll be something in there about changing the mirrors.

Get black A3 ones.

Yeah this. There must be someone out there with a black A3 that would snap your arm off for some S3 mirrors. Perhaps you could do a straight swap? I'd certainly be PM'ing you offering mine if I wanted them :)

Is it a doorcard off job to switch mirrors on these cars?
It was on my last one. A pain in the butt to be sure.

yep, door cards off to get the mirrors off. Having said that I don't think you need to take the whole mirror off, just the plastic casing which you are changing. Pull the glass out and then un-clip the casing.

Sell them, they are quite valuable. About 400 I think last time I saw them, normal ones are about 150-200.

If you want to change the mirror caps push the glass in closet to the door and then put your finger behind the glass on the outer side and gently pull the glass off it's clips.
Then there are 2 clips that hold the mirror cap onto the base at the back of the mirror cap towards the top which you just push in with a screwdriver or similar and then slowly work your way around the base gently lifting the cap up off the base. It's not easy the first time you do it but as long as you don't use too much force the cap it base shouldn't break. If you have the facelift mirrors then you will also need to unplug the indicator wire before fully removing the cap and lifting it off the base.