AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Continental Sport Contact 5's are on + Hunter tracking done!

5th Gear

Status
    Although the door sticker reads 42F, I run mine at 38F, this gives a better feel for less under steer, the front of the car is much more planted.

The recommended 42F is so Audi can achieve NEDC fuel economy figures with lower rolling resistance.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Well then, one year on! Tyres are still on, and all good.

The protective bead has really paid off on numerous occasions too, so really worth having in my eyes.

Put them on at 13,500 miles, I'm now sat at 26,700 miles ish.

I swapped front to rear half way through so they are all evenly
    worn.

Probably 4-5mm remaining, which shows they actually have worn better than the harder bridgestones. (although tracking was an issue)

Strangley been driving it very hard all year too, suprised it hasn't gone bang from all the ragging it's had.

I'd buy them again without a doubt.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Well then, one year on! Tyres are still on, and all good.

The protective bead has really paid off on numerous occasions too, so really worth having in my eyes.

Put them on at 13,500 miles, I'm now sat at 26,700 miles ish.

I swapped front to rear half way through so they are all evenly
    worn.

Probably 4-5mm remaining, which shows they actually have worn better than the harder bridgestones. (although tracking was an issue)

Strangley been driving it very hard all year too, suprised it hasn't gone bang from all the ragging it's had.

I'd buy them again without a doubt.
    Not hard enough! I was done with my set including front/rear swaps after 14.5K. PD170 though. I'm on my second set of Conti's, i went for Audi fitment instead of mercedes fitment this time and they feel different weirdly enough, and alot of me feels like the MO's have more grip in both wet and dry, on the new set of AO's i'm still breaking traction in second in the wet. I hardly had any slip in first in the wet on the MO's.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Not hard enough! I was done with my set including front/rear swaps after 14.5K. PD170 though. I'm on my second set of Conti's, i went for Audi fitment instead of mercedes fitment this time and they feel different weirdly enough, and alot of me feels like the MO's have more grip in both wet and dry, on the new set of AO's i'm still breaking traction in second in the wet. I hardly had any slip in first in the wet on the MO's.
    The weight of the heavier Diesel engine on the front wheels! must be! Haha

I went MO version, can't complain.

I will no doubt delve in to a different tyre next time just for sh1ts and giggles. Depends on the deals early next year. Maybe the eagle F1's, who knows...........

So far though, Conti 5's are my fav.

ive be been through 4 sets of bridgestones, 1 set of PS3's and a set of Toyo proxies T1-R's.

I rank them as follows, Conti 5, a very close Michelin PS3's, Bridgestones and toyo's last.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    The weight of the heavier Diesel engine on the front wheels! must be! Haha

I went MO version, can't complain.

I will no doubt delve in to a different tyre next time just for sh1ts and giggles. Depends on the deals early next year. Maybe the eagle F1's, who knows...........

So far though, Conti 5's are my fav.

ive be been through 4 sets of bridgestones, 1 set of PS3's and a set of Toyo proxies T1-R's.

I rank them as follows, Conti 5, a very close Michelin PS3's, Bridgestones and toyo's last.
    I considered the eagles but after a bit of research the general rating was in the favour of the conti's. I think the eagles are better for fuel rating but that led me to believe they may be a harder compound. I'd say go with the MO's again if you do go for the contis
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

5th Gear

Status
    I'm running the conti 5's at present, had potezas on before that, pzero rossos before that... No complaints really on any of them, all been good... Eagle F1's for me next... Then after that, choose the best from them.. like the contis though, i'm sure they not designed specifically in mind for all wheel drive cars, or am I talking nonsense, i'm sure I read that somewhere?
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

2nd Gear

Status
    im more than happy with my conti 5's have them on the front and hankook evo 12's which do the job as they are grippy enough but you can get them to slide when you want

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12