Howdo

Strangely Brown

Reaction score
So after owning more VW's than i can remember (well 7 actually) i decided as i was in the market for a new car i would slide into an Audi. Today i picked up a 2006 Tdi 2.0 Sportback in Phantom Black.

Not really sure which direct i'm going to go with it but as it's my daily i'm going for enhancements than performance focusing on toys.

Just thought i would say hi :)

Cheers Rob,

Today i will mostly be cleaning the car. Clay bar, wax and Polish at the ready. The interior is going to need welding gloves and a snorkel by the looks of it.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

welcome to the forums mate - get some pics up when you've given it a good clean :icon_thumright:

Cheers Rob,

Today i will mostly be cleaning the car. Clay bar, wax and Polish at the ready. The interior is going to need welding gloves and a snorkel by the looks of it.

:sign_pics: we're all suckers for pic's lad :yes:

what spec is the sportback? sport or s line?

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra. I'm in Sunny Winchester on the south Coast :)

Picks will be uploaded later this evening. My plan to wash, clay, polish and wax the cart kind of went tout the window as the battery died about 5 miles away from home and i had to wait for the RAC to turn up. I've had the car for just over 24 hours and i've performed my first MOD. A new Battery!

:sign_pics: we're all suckers for pic's lad :yes:

what spec is the sportback? sport or s line?

Spec wise nothing too special - BKD engine 140bhp 6 speed Sportback in Phantom black. nothing too amazing (at the moment) but it does have rear parking sensors!

Pictures will be up soon. I only had a chance to take a couple.

Have you bought one, Varta Silver Dynamic on mine, it's perfect.

It pains me to say this but i had to buy one off the RAC as nowhere was open and the original battery was toast. I was thinking about catching a taxi to Halfords and getting one from them (have a trade card) but they didn't have one in stock. Just writing a strongly worded email to the garage i bought the car from.

Thanks Sandra. I'm in Sunny Winchester on the south Coast :)

Picks will be uploaded later this evening. My plan to wash, clay, polish and wax the cart kind of went tout the window as the battery died about 5 miles away from home and i had to wait for the RAC to turn up. I've had the car for just over 24 hours and i've performed my first MOD. A new Battery!

Mmm, not the first mod you were expecting. If you want to join guys in your local area for meets/ events, click on the link below and add yourself onto the list in your area and see whats going on soon. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events

Slam it on coilovers and let the fun begin. Welcome to the slippery slop

Been on the slippery slope for years now, just have to keep one step ahead of my wife :faint:

First major spend is going to be Xexons, just ordered a VCDS cable as i stupidly got rid of mine at the start of the year.

no worries lad. yep i do edinburgh as well on my trips up to Tennants Super land :laugh:

It pains me to say this but i had to buy one off the RAC as nowhere was open and the original battery was toast. I was thinking about catching a taxi to Halfords and getting one from them (have a trade card) but they didn't have one in stock. Just writing a strongly worded email to the garage i bought the car from.

That's a shame :(

Not the best photos as i wasn't able to wash the cart beforehand and i only had 10 minutes (plus the light was wrong) but here you go. The bodywork is in pretty good condition but there are crazy swirl marks everywhere but thats to be expected for a Black ex lease/company car. I'll need to find somebody to correct it for me :)

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

List of things to do
Front mats - Bought today (£46!!!)
Remove old car kit
Change instrument cluster to Mid or Highline (Thinking white dot)
MFSW (building shopping list but need to check part numbers)
Bluetooth integration (not sure which way i'm going to go with this. OEM or Fiscon)

Xexon headlights but need to save some cash or switch the redlight on in the hallway (again)

Last edited: