Fk coilover fitting help

Royceyy

Reaction score
Basically guys I have fitted my coilovers however where the strut goes into the hub I cannot get it to go in far enough to put in the original bolt.
On the back of the strut there is a tab that you have to line up, like on the standard suspension however this won't go far enough into the hub to allow clearance for the bolt...

I went in easily until a certain point however neither side will go in far enough...
any ideas?? Cheers

I guess you've tried to jack up the hub to load the spring so it pops in further?

Yes mate done that - I Initially thought that the hole in the tab was for the bolt to go through, but I realised its too small so the bolt must sit on top of it...like it does on the standard strut if you get me...
its just strange that both sides are the same...

Check the tab isn't twisted at all where you may have caught it trying to get it in. Try twisting the shock as you insert it, there is only a very small gap for that tab to drop through!

How have you opened up the hub?

Cheers mate il have a look and another go at it tomorrow.
i opened the hub with like an ovel shaped tool, maybe I've not opened it enough.

Oh and the tab is in the groove, it's just the last few mms it seems to be stuck!! I recon I'm going to try spreading it a bit more

Sounds like you have the correct tool so should be opened enough.

Your coils look like this at the bottom?

DSC05408.jpg

Yes mate exactly like that, the bolt doesn't go through that hole in the tab though does it?? That tab should go further down.

cheers for your help mate, sorted it now.

used pleanty of lube, opened her up a bit and right as you were, it slipped right in!

niceone.