Not getting up to temp, driving me nuts!

Nope that's the right price, I purchased a stat for my 1.8t the other day and it was £4.11.

Stats are usually £5-£15.

Nope that's the right price, I purchased a stat for my 1.8t the other day and it was £4.11.

Stats are usually £5-£15.

Because there are so many variants if the tfsi 2.0 mines an axx one parts lists are massive fingers crossed I suppose

Mine was more expensive than that (2.0TFSi BWA) as mine has the Stat built into the housing. Was a ******* to change, because VAG thought it would be a good idea to have a hardline screw into the front of the housing.

How would you go about the coolant drain on the 2.0TFSI, there isn't a plug in the rad is there?

bottom rad hose

Ladies and gents we have 90! 3 hours labour plus a genuine bag part 90 quid and seems to run smoother! Thanks for all your help

lol 16klappe is correct, the gauge should not drop at all

HOWEVER

coolant temp will go up and down by as much as 30c under certain cirumstances, but you just wont see it as audi programed the gauge to read 90 if the temp was between 75 and 105

but if your gauge is dropping for long periods of time, there's defo something wrong, as already stated, it can only be the stat or sensor based on the facts

if you put the heater on full when stationary does it drop even more ?

Just reporting back quickly on my first drive to work after the new Stat... Sorry to the OP I feel like I have totally hijacked your thread..
I am shocked as to how good the car feels, I have to say I didnt realise a stat would have so much effect on the car...
Firstly the car idle's much less lumpy and doesnt feel bogged down at all, the diference in low down performace is night and day.. Car picks up really quickly and pulls like a train through all gears.. the engine feels free'er not sure if that makes sense but it wants to pull more that it did before. MPG is about 2 miles per gallon up and that was with a reasonably spirtited drive to work, so think the stat will pay for itself within the next month.

Honestly cant believe that its made so much difference to the car, feels like its been mapped.. that reminds me... must get that done!

Thanks to everyone on here as I wouldnt have picked this up if it hadnt been for the orginal thread and all the advice from you guys.. I owe you all a pint!!! :)

Will get mine done then, I only had it replaced in April - should I have a moan at the garage that its failed already?

I went to Midlands VW who are meant to be pretty good.

Will get mine done then, I only had it replaced in April - should I have a moan at the garage that its failed already?

I went to Midlands VW who are meant to be pretty good.

I would moan mate under a year is a shocking amount of time. I suppose it can only be the stat or sensor.

How long does your engine take to hit 90 now from a cold start?

About 10 mins or so, maybe a little more when it's cold. I think you should have a moan to the garage and just say that it's become more noticeable now it's colder and you think the stat is faulty. I can't see what else it could be?