advice

c6dsy

Reaction score
thought id ask you guys a bit advice, im looking for a s3 at moment with bucket seats and have found 3 cars im intersted in,
1st one is a 59 plate with 39k miles with bucket seats in ibis white but s tronic about £21000
2nd is a 58 plate with 44k miles but no bucket seats coilovers new spec sat nav £17500
3rd is a 58 plate with buckets sat nav rear blinds miltek ,remap but has 69k miles i rekon around £16000

whats pro's and cons of them they are all ibis white

Test drive one without coilovers before seeing the 2nd one, so you have a base-line for the ride quality etc. Don't think you'd get the 3rd one for £16k either, even with the miles. Obviously, the 1st one is the best (newer, lower miles, buckets) but are you willing to pay the extra for the extras? Bare in mind that the s-tronic will save you on upgrading the clutch if you plan on going down the 'stage 2+' remap route.

Depends on important the buckets are to you. Out of that list I'd take the 2nd car, and allow 2k for buckets.

Personally I wouldnt touch a car that has been mapped unless I knew all the history and previous owner

Depends on important the buckets are to you. Out of that list I'd take the 2nd car, and allow 2k for buckets.

Personally I wouldnt touch a car that has been mapped unless I knew all the history and previous owner

the third car has documented history and all receipts! the problem i have is i want buckets but even taking a car with out them its hard to then find a set of bucket seats without having to repair them first

Repair or restoration is easily achievable on damaged or worn leather and a lot cheaper than getting the seats retrimmed also you can have custom colours, here's a pic of a restoration I finished today on some mr2 seats these were over 10 years old badly worn and were also cream when I started, the end result was a burnt orange and black two tone leather and looked brand new. Image