Monster MotorsportBadger5
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389

    Remove side indicators?

    Hi all, I want to take my indicators off to tint them, how do I remove them?
    A3 8P
    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Depends which way they have been put in but one end has a spring clip and the other end has a couple of plastic slots.

    Get your fingernails behind one end and whilst pulling towards the front of the car gently ease the 'fingernail' end outwards.

    If that doesn't work then do the fingernail trick from the other end pulling towards the rear of the car.

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389

    Remove side indicators?

    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Depends which way they have been put in but one end has a spring clip and the other end has a couple of plastic slots.

    Get your fingernails behind one end and whilst pulling towards the front of the car gently ease the 'fingernail' end outwards.

    If that doesn't work then do the fingernail trick from the other end pulling towards the rear of the car.
    Thanks! Does this pull simply off?

  5. #4
    MrLapou's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    1,209
    Try warming up the plastic a little in case it's brittle in this cold weather

  6. #5
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHatton View Post
    Thanks! Does this pull simply off?
    Yes, just pulls out together with the cable. You can then remove bulb and cable and do what you like with the plastic bit !

  7. #6
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389

    Remove side indicators?

    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Yes, just pulls out together with the cable. You can then remove bulb and cable and do what you like with the plastic bit !
    Thanks lads I've done it

  8. #7
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,082
    Wouldn't bother tinting them though as it always looks a bit naf and you can usually sort proper smoked ones.

    Edditted. If these are the mirror mounted jobbied you seem a bit stuffed for options actually

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  9. #8
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389

    Remove side indicators?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    Wouldn't bother tinting them though as it always looks a bit naf and you can usually sort proper smoked ones.

    Edditted. If these are the mirror mounted jobbied you seem a bit stuffed for options actually
    They're not the mirror jobbies and its only a light smoke tint so nothing tacky.


  10. #9
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHatton View Post
    They're not the mirror jobbies and its only a light smoke tint so nothing tacky.

    If they are the same as the ones I bought years ago then you can hardly see them working because they do not have reflectors in them !

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 8P side indicator remove/refit
    By ByronM in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th March 2009, 09:02
  2. removal of small wing side indicators?..
    By rockstar in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th May 2008, 11:35
  3. Side indicator removal A3 8L
    By stuart.garlinge in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th November 2006, 20:03
  4. Side Indicator Removal
    By natedog in forum RS6 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th October 2006, 03:00
  5. side indicator removal...(help please)
    By Vikz in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th July 2006, 09:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO