Want to get my RNSE working for a living...

grr666

Reaction score
So what can I add to my 09 facelift S3?
I'd like... Full park distance control with visual display? Reverse camera?
DVD player (Where does this go?? I have glovebox multichanger already by the way)
I'd want all OE kit for this of course. I'm already making enquiries about retro fit cruise here
on the forum. Thinking about it, USB input would be good (Have 3.5mm aux already),
Tyre pressure monitoring (Looks a pain to retro fit though), OE ipod interface with charge.
I'd like to add footwell lighting and I'd also like to replace the interior light cluster with
the upgraded ambient led type with 2 additional smaller maplights. (What is that colour named on these?)
My headlining/lamp etc is more of an ivory colour than light grey but I haven't seen
anything other than grey(silver?) or black versions of this and unless my eyes are knackered
they don't look the same as mine. Any help with this would be great.
I'm happy to order the part from Audi if it's not too pricey.

What sort of money would I have to part with to gain these features?
I have flat bottomed multi function wheel as well if that has any bearing.
Parts needed with part numbers, approx prices, and info about fitment/coding is all helpful :)

Thanks.

EDIT. I also have a set of metallic contacts and some sort of clip in section
moulded into the bottom of my armrest. Presumably for the Audi car phone and holder.
What one do I need to buy, I'd like one in there since the contacts are there.
(Even if they are a waste of time and/or crap.... lol) There are a few different
ones on ebay but I don't know what fitment I need etc

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of the car as it stands at the moment by the way.
Going out later to tinker about, new wiper blades, K and N, stainless footrest plate,
screenwash purge and refill with my fave brand in winter concentration

Hope you enjoy the pics :)

mys31.jpg

mys32.jpg

mys33.jpg

SAM_1410.jpg

SAM_1418.jpg

SAM_1412.jpg

SAM_1413.jpg

SAM_1415.jpg

Very nice indeed.

The black edition front grille and and fog grilles would look good on that...

OP needs this 'bumped' in the hope that he may get some useful replies !

See 'rant' on Foglight removal thread.

Hope someone can help.

So what can I add to my 09 facelift S3?
I'd like... Full park distance control with visual display? Reverse camera?
DVD player (Where does this go?? I have glovebox multichanger already by the way)
I'd want all OE kit for this of course. I'm already making enquiries about retro fit cruise here
on the forum. Thinking about it, USB input would be good (Have 3.5mm aux already),
Tyre pressure monitoring (Looks a pain to retro fit though), OE ipod interface with charge.
I'd like to add footwell lighting and I'd also like to replace the interior light cluster with
the upgraded ambient led type with 2 additional smaller maplights. (What is that colour named on these?)
My headlining/lamp etc is more of an ivory colour than light grey but I haven't seen
anything other than grey(silver?) or black versions of this and unless my eyes are knackered
they don't look the same as mine. Any help with this would be great.
I'm happy to order the part from Audi if it's not too pricey.

What sort of money would I have to part with to gain these features?
I have flat bottomed multi function wheel as well if that has any bearing.
Parts needed with part numbers, approx prices, and info about fitment/coding is all helpful :)

Thanks.

EDIT. I also have a set of metallic contacts and some sort of clip in section
moulded into the bottom of my armrest. Presumably for the Audi car phone and holder.
What one do I need to buy, I'd like one in there since the contacts are there.
(Even if they are a waste of time and/or crap.... lol) There are a few different
ones on ebay but I don't know what fitment I need etc

Well, seeing as I don't want to just be accused of just trying to selling you something on another thread, I thought I will give you some tips from the bits I know a little about, having done some of it to my 09 A3.

Cruise - This is relatively cheap and easy. Should cost no more than £150 incl parts and install/coding. Lots of guys on here can do this - Ash187, NHN and Danny to name 3

iPod Connection - What does your car have fitted at the moment, stereo wise, RNSE? You have a few choices but i've had the standard OEM connection in the glovebox which doesn't do track names so upgraded to AMI which does. Not that cheap though - £400ish, NHN fitted mine.

Footwell lighting - Again, relatively cheap and easy to install/code. Just had mine done by Ash187. About £100/120 all in.

Interior light cluster - Want to do this on mine but not paying £80/90 for it. Waiting for one to pop up on the bay. It's a simple swap as well, no coding needed. Colour wise, not really sure what colour you have - take a quick snap and show us.

Hope this helps with some of the bits you want to do.

Last edited: