Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

2.0TDi turbo upgrade help

Hi all, I have noticed a few people upgrading turbo's, typically on 1.9TDi's etc. and I wondered what turbo would be the next step up for a 2.0TDi, what sort of gains i would see, what other requirements needed in order to run it, aswell as the price for the actual turbo? New or used..
    Does anybody have any idea?
    i see k03/k03s/k04 popping up here and there..
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hybrid turbo is the one for you but then you'd need to upgrade your clutch for a better one, as standard clutches give up when turbo is upgraded
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

2nd Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DiKapo View Post
    Hybrid turbo is the one for you but then you'd need to upgrade your clutch for a better one, as standard clutches give up when turbo is upgraded
    Thanks mate. Exactly what hybrid turbo & clutch would I want.. And what sort of prices am I looking at bud?

5th Gear

Status

Sorry to hijack but no point starting new thread, would any other upgrades need to be done on a DSG?

2nd Gear

Status
    Hybrid turbo can cost from £600 and up, you would need sachs clutches from £400 and up, search for threads as its been discussed my many times before and you would find load more information, once you have upgraded all this then you can remap your car without worrying about the turbo and clutch. I'm not sure on DSG but most guys in here have DSG and they have upgraded their turbo for remaping etc so search the forum you'll find what your looking for
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiKapo View Post
    Hybrid turbo can cost from £600 and up, you would need sachs clutches from £400 and up, search for threads as its been discussed my many times before and you would find load more information, once you have upgraded all this then you can remap your car without worrying about the turbo and clutch. I'm not sure on DSG but most guys in here have DSG and they have upgraded their turbo for remaping etc so search the forum you'll find what your looking for
    Personally I would do hybrid and remap, keep some cash aside for clutch, you might get away with just uprating clutch plate, and not complete clutch kit saving you some £££ all depends on current mileage on clutch, budget etc, I could not believe how helpfull darkside developments were when I spoke to them
    i do remember one of Devonmikeyboy's posts stating very good info on clutches have a look through his posts from a VERY knowledgeable diesel fiddler