V8 bound, hopefully

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Olly's all packed up and off to his/her new home. Finally managed to find a buyer, and he (Steve) ended up taking the wheels and brakes rolled into the deal too, so I'm not semi-officially carless until the right RS4 shows it's flared arches.

Don't panic though, I'll still be around for a LONG time... even if the RS section is a little quiet over here, I'll be sticking my nose in amongst the A3/S3 posts and helping out where my (limited) knowledge/experience allow.

Also still a big part of the Scottish meets forum, so anyone not already registered/listed/checking it out should head over there now for the latest news on events and meets in Scotland - though I guess that only really goes for Scottish members. The rest of you should check out your appropriate local sub-forum for the same updates, but local to you.

Good luck with the rs4 search mate, the right one will come along soon hopefully

Well, Olly's all packed up and off to his/her new home. Finally managed to find a buyer, and he (Steve) ended up taking the wheels and brakes rolled into the deal too, so I'm not semi-officially carless until the right RS4 shows it's flared arches.

Don't panic though, I'll still be around for a LONG time... even if the RS section is a little quiet over here, I'll be sticking my nose in amongst the A3/S3 posts and helping out where my (limited) knowledge/experience allow.

Also still a big part of the Scottish meets forum, so anyone not already registered/listed/checking it out should head over there now for the latest news on events and meets in Scotland - though I guess that only really goes for Scottish members. The rest of you should check out your appropriate local sub-forum for the same updates, but local to you.

Good to near olly has been sold, you better still be active or i will come looking for you Martin, lol. Good luck with the search for the new car.:) x

Good luck with the search. From searching for my S3 I know patience is the key!

They are a hell of a piece of kit and sound immense at full tilt.

What you looking for?

There's a sprint blue low miler in Ireland I spotted not long ago, I'll look it up again if u want?

Viewing a Mugello one on Wednesday - decent kit, 56k miles, good price, and local. Couldn't hurt to have a look at the Irish one though, is it on autotrader/pistonheads etc? Send me a link if you have one.

FIT? NAE AVANTS?

You have to admit though, the Germans are the only ones who can make them look good!

Hollybrook » Audi RS4

Thats the one I spotted tho I think it might be a little over priced...

After seeing a few Sprints on autotrader that had optics pack fitted, it jumped up the list. Well sort of, the list isn't very long - Daytona, Mugello, Sprint, bit of a gap, Red, Avus, Silver, Yellow, Black (I just can't keep a black car clean). If anyone manages to find a Deep Green RS4 saloon for sale there'd possibly be some kind of reward involved... didn't even know it was an option until about an hour ago!

Must haves are buckets, sat nav, bose, sports suspension... I'd like optics too, bluetooth, solar sunroof, auto lights/wipers, adaptive lights. They're not exactly sparse in standard spec and most of what's missing can be retro fitted, so colour and condition are most important. Nothing over 60k miles either, and most under 30k miles are way out of budget.

No avants.

Blue looks better in the metal, always looks a bit flat in pics. And That is high money, low miles but older car (orange indicators) and good kit but for that money it'd need optics, solar sunroof and more than a month's warranty.

That mugello one is very nice! The B7 RS4 i think outlooks the B8 by a country mile! Hope you find the one mate I caqnt wait to be in your shoes hunting for one!

I disagree.

0D814949-8BD2-419C-80BE-ECF36D64B608-6488-0000049F54980AA9.jpg

:wub:

tumblr_mcd2ubsl4K1r4t7nto1_500.gif

If only I had the £60k they're asking for... I still probably wouldn't get a brand new RS4. Looks amazing, but apparently isn't any better to drive than the B7, and for that money you could have pretty much anything - low mile 997 turbo, early F430, etc, etc.

Reactions: ilim
I wouldn't buy one now, in years to come. Yeah good luck running a F430.

sulu.gif

Too true.

Many so called exotics aren't too bad to buy but running one is the problem.

Porkers aren't as bad on running costs as the Ferraris but its still worth thinking about very carefully.

Ferrari reliability is much better these days. If you factor in normal running costs it will cost less to run than a brand new RS4 whose value will drop far more than the cost of a ferrari service. A ferrari is a gamble inf you get an unexpected big bill it can be ruining but if it's a good one you'd sell the car for not a lot less than you paid for it, the same can't be said of the RS4.

Ferrari reliability is much better these days. If you factor in normal running costs it will cost less to run than a brand new RS4 whose value will drop far more than the cost of a ferrari service. A ferrari is a gamble inf you get an unexpected big bill it can be ruining but if it's a good one you'd sell the car for not a lot less than you paid for it, the same can't be said of the RS4.

True.

It does show though that you need to take age,mileage,value and a number of other factors into account inc spares and servicing costs.

Depreciation is like you say a huge factor on a new car.

Nice one mate. Congrats on the sale.

Having done the switch the other way, I hope you get on better with your RS4 than I did!!

Take your time to find the right one, make sure it's got the buckets ;)

I got one last week, was the 5th one I'd looked at, with everything I needed (buckets, nav, fbsw, optics, Daytona grey, low miles).

WP_0001351024x768.jpg

Reactions: Av4nt
I love it... still get in an think "so... I have an RS4 now. How did that happen?".

Reactions: NobberUK
Nice car! nice colour too!

Not sure about chrome mirrors and blackout grill, they seem a little at odds with each other.

I don't like the chrome boot strip, or window surround, looks really dated on the grey, so I was set on optics. I prefer the black grill too. The wheels and mirrors might go darker at some point, but not yet. And like N8 says, it will be getting a proper detail in the next couple of weeks (not machine polished, just full valet wash and a winter wax).

Seen it today.. Its Stunning mate...

Hope you enjoy it......now the supercharger kit!

Next is wait until Spring. Then wheels, then exhaust/intake... then wait like 2 years THEN supercharger!
I can see you're going to enjoy this....I saw and heard a very nice RS4 at AMDTuning's open day recently with a Scorpion exhaust....lovely sound.