Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: V8 bound, hopefully

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    So far, Tubi is top of the list. Not going for the full decat and Milltek centre like the one in MRC's most recent video though... maybe too loud (a horrible thing to say, but I don't want to wake half the town every time I start the thing).
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    So far, Tubi is top of the list. Not going for the full decat and Milltek centre like the one in MRC's most recent video though... maybe too loud (a horrible thing to say, but I don't want to wake half the town every time I start the thing).
    I know what you mean....mine has just a centre box now,and is pretty antisocial at best.

5th Gear

Status
    You not finding the acceleration a bit ... flat being NA? It looks beautiful, if I had the cash i'd doing the same, but heard the speed isn't all that.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    I don't like the chrome boot strip, or window surround, looks really dated on the grey, so I was set on optics. I prefer the black grill too. The wheels and mirrors might go darker at some point, but not yet. And like N8 says, it will be getting a proper detail in the next couple of weeks (not machine polished, just full valet wash and a winter wax).
    I think the wheel colour is spot-on. Go darker and it starts to look shady IMO. You may end up with something looking like this;

Personally I would put the standard RS4 grill on it and leave the rest factory, looks classier and still aggressive.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    You not finding the acceleration a bit ... flat being NA? It looks beautiful, if I had the cash i'd doing the same, but heard the speed isn't all that.
    It is flat, but it's because the bottom end is much stronger not because the top is wanting. You don't get the surge you get with a turbo but it's certainly not lacking in speed. It's much more capable, and so the speed does seem to feel a little bit less impressive but I think that makes it more impressive really; it's effortless. I keep getting caught out thinking I should change up soon and then realising I'm just hitting 5000rpm which is when the RS just gets going.

As for the wheels, I don't mean black. I don't like black wheels, especially on a black car. My speedlines worked because the rims were polished so it broke it up a bit. The picture is a bit misleading because the wheels are dirty so they look darker. I've seen some US cars with Titanium pack wheels (almost the paint colour) which I'm not 100% on, so if they do go darker it'll be to a BBS titanium finish or maybe even lighter. Not black.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Rarely neutral

Status
    It is flat, but it's because the bottom end is much stronger not because the top is wanting. You don't get the surge you get with a turbo but it's certainly not lacking in speed. It's much more capable, and so the speed does seem to feel a little bit less impressive but I think that makes it more impressive really; it's effortless. I keep getting caught out thinking I should change up soon and then realising I'm just hitting 5000rpm which is when the RS just gets going.As for the wheels, I don't mean black. I don't like black wheels, especially on a black car. My speedlines worked because the rims were polished so it broke it up a bit. The picture is a bit misleading because the wheels are dirty so they look darker. I've seen some US cars with Titanium pack wheels (almost the paint colour) which I'm not 100% on, so if they do go darker it'll be to a BBS titanium finish or maybe even lighter. Not black.
    Thats it....very different delivery,and different characteristics,but you will notice the effect of the extra weight....supercharger....!

1st Gear

Status
    Looking good Mart - lets see some more pics

S3 (8P)

Status
    Nice, looks well.
    Wouldnt change anything about the exterior though.
    Would spoil it IMHO.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....