Awesome GTI Remap £150 with a DSG Box (2.0tdi)

granty578

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

More than likely getting a remap as my insurance company has said they won't add any premium on..

I've heard good things about Awesome GTI and was considering getting the £150 generic remap as its just a standard A3.

I need a load of servicing done too, so thought i'd kill all the birds with one stone and get the servicing done there as well as a remap and after speaking to Awesome they're able to knock a bit of money off which makes it well worth it.

I just wanted to check if anyone had any experiences of the standard remap on a 2.0tdi with a DSG box?

Any good? Anything to worry about?

Thanks,

James

Sounds a bargain.

What spec do they give?

I've been thinking about mapping mine, but need the egr deleted, so not as simple.

Hi Guys,

More than likely getting a remap as my insurance company has said they won't add any premium on..

I've heard good things about Awesome GTI and was considering getting the £150 generic remap as its just a standard A3.

I need a load of servicing done too, so thought i'd kill all the birds with one stone and get the servicing done there as well as a remap and after speaking to Awesome they're able to knock a bit of money off which makes it well worth it.

I just wanted to check if anyone had any experiences of the standard remap on a 2.0tdi with a DSG box?

Thanks,

James

Sounds like it could be a winner! You could do with finding out the gains etc though. I was quoted £315 for around 180bhp & 300ft/lbs of torque on a 2.0TDi

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

James

Also... What is a DSG box?

direct-shift gearbox (German: Direkt-Schalt-Getriebe)

Audi's semi auto gearbox.
I cant see how DSG makes a difference to an engine remap... are you sure its not actually a DSG remap thats £150?

Hi BradHatton,

DSG box is the DIRECT SHIFT GEARBOX, which is the auto/semi-auto gearbox which is a cost option fitted to VAG group cars....

DSG, S-Tronic, Sportronic etc...all pretty much the same, so I believe.

The DSG gearbox basically is a fast operating auto gear box. It achieves this by having two output shafts, one that has the current gear engaged, the other has the next gear engaged but not selected, so basically it can switch to this waiting gear very quickly and smoothly indeed! My A3 S-Line has the S-Tronic or DSG box fitted and it really is superb!
You can use the gears totally automatically in Drive, or select gears manually using the gear shift lever select + or - to up or down the gears or by using the F1 style Paddle shifts on each side of the steering wheel...lovely!

Hope this helps?