broken parcel shelf

treblesykes

Reaction score
Has any one else had the hinge break away from the parcelshelf? just noticed this on mine, seems to have broken its self rather than my fault as i have never removed the shelf from the car. dealer should replace shelf free at first service next month, I know vw would replace it free on a golf,as they fixed everything no matter how trivial on warranty on my previous two cars. Just hoping audi dealers are as good as my vw dealer was.

if it looks like it has just come apart, you should be fine

Ok you know the little eyelet that holds the cord that holds the parcel shelf up. It popped out the other day and I couldn’t find it anywhere. So I thought I’d call spare parts and just buy a new one as I figured I’d wast hours taking it in for a service for such a trivial matter. So the guy in parts says it’s terrible that this part has broken on a one month old car and I should report it to service. So the next day I had a free hour and dropped into service. “Yes you need the new part” after waiting about 1/2 an hour. But as it’s missing it’s not covered under warranty! ( I suppose this will also be the case if a wheel falls off) So feeling like a criminal that’s stolen a $4.00 part from my new $60,000 car I go back to spare parts and order the part. I then open the news paper and see a half page colour add for Audi that must have cost $5,000. Wouldn’t it be better public relations to spend $4.00 to keep an existing customer happy. Thanks Audi Centre Sydney.
I hope your dealer in the States give you better service.

once a stealer has your money for the new car,i dont think they care about keeping you happy any more,double standards i think its called.

If you think that you using the wrong dealer !

When I had problems with my 'blade' type wipers not clearing certain parts of the screen I complained. They replaced the wipers under warranty. This fixed the problem whilst stationary, but at speed the problem continued. I told them that all the new A3's had a new wiper arm and blade that a colleague had commented that worked perfectly. My local dealer said that under warranty they can only change 'like for like' but as a valued customer would change both arms and wipers as a 'customer care' cost. Result - perfect wipers, and a happy customer. This approach must win them more custom than the approach of 'we have your money, now bog off'

im not to happy with my dealer,hence the negative attitude,my cars been in 3 times for a steering fault,the allignment was out which was adjusted,the other 2 times they just road tested it,but it still dont feel right,so now their telling me its in my mind,or i should wait untill it gets worse and audi wont pay to have the allignment checked again under warranty,so i have to live with it basically.
as i drive the car every day i should know if its right or not,but i get the impression they think im being fussy,but i dont expect a new car to have a problem like this,it just annoys me that they did the allignment which was out,and shouldnt have been, and now they dont seem interested.

Mine broke a while ago, but that was due to me being heavy handed when loading stuff rather than a fault! Luckily I didn't lose it, so just stuck it back on with some Araldite (epoxy resin) and it's been fine since.

I had this exact thing - the little knob that holds the cord to attach the parcel shelf snapped in what we essentially normal use. Audi Guildford replaced it for me for free under warranty. Good lads - had to order it in but there was never any question of me paying for it and definitely none of this 'you can't find it so it's not covered' nonsense. That is utterly ridiculous - as you say it's such an amazingly inexepensive piece of plastic, why insult the customer?

When I had one snap so I called in to my dealer and they said, Yes they do that sometimes, that's why we keep some spares in stock. One of their guys replaced it for me there and then - no charge Sir !