2.0T price

allyli

Reaction score
Just wanted your opinions on the price my dealer has offered to me for a ex-demo -
Registered 2005 March
A3 2.0T Quattro Sline 3door.

Lava Grey
Symphony CD Player
Protector pack

Price £21250

Does this sound like a good price?

Cheers
Al

I had a 05 2.0T FSI DSG S-line as a courtesy car while my s3 was in. On the documetation, the stated insurance value of the car was £17,800 - and I still have my copy of the documentation.

[ QUOTE ]
the stated insurance value of the car was £17,800

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems very low! List price for that car is about £23,400. Not sure what the Protector pack is but it sounds like it is a good deal in the sense that it is probably a couple hundred quid less than you could get brand new either from drive the deal or from your dealer after a bit of haggling. And it's already run in for you (check tyre wear etc if its ex demo...).

price on the insurance means nothing these days !

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted your opinions on the price my dealer has offered to me for a ex-demo -
Registered 2005 March
A3 2.0T Quattro Sline 3door.

Lava Grey
Symphony CD Player
Protector pack

Price £21250

Does this sound like a good price?

Cheers
Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it was a good base to start haggling from. If list price is £23,400 you would be able to get to get at least £2k off that and this is an ex-demo so i would be wanting to pay £20-£20.5K for that car.

J.

What's the mileage? Any other options like Xenons and leather?

5400 miles
and the part leather seats that comes with the sline.

ok my price has now dropped a little more... that mileage and the fact it is second hand definately put's it into the £20K tops bracket for me. But something is only worth what someone will pay and if that car to you is worth X amount of pounds then pay it, so long as you are happy with the deal. You could always try £20K plus a free service when it is due - this will save you £200 and cost the garage next to nothing so you would both be happy.

J.

5400mls is almost a year's driving for me!...so it hasn't just been used for test drives then? Has someone in the dealership had it as a company car for a few months?

I agree that they should be willing to drop the price to around 20k.

I paid about £20,000 for my 04 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG with BOSE and Symphony (I think, CD with tape anyhoo), Xenons, Light/Rain Sensors. It was 8 month old when I got it and 6000 miles.

allyli there is another post on this forum about A3 sportback prices started recently be myself. I was thinking about selling my 6 month old sportback which is the same engine but not s-line. Probably enough extra features + sportback so it would be around the same list or if not a bit more. I have 7000 miles on my clock. I'd be happy with £20K but that's private sale - dealer used sales you can add £1500. Don't ask me why that is - I can tell honestly my car is in excellent nick, I wash it regularly and have only fed her premium unleaded. I wouldn't trust a stealer telling me that though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. You know it's had the **** flogged out of it in test drives...

Try for £20K...

Hmmm haggled a bit and now he's willing to do it for £20820..

He not willing to budge any more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

List price for that model is around £24,220 using the drivethedeal.com pricing tool. They usually get about 9% off list - brings it to around £22,000.

Basically the stealer wants to give you £1200 discount for 5000 miles on the clock and 6 months old. It's not much really.

Go to drivethedeal.com and price it up, then get their discounted price and print it out, take it to the dealer.

Also check out this website, the non s-line version for £21,000 flat new:

www.new-car-discount.com

Tell him £20,000 or walkaway...

Good luck

[ QUOTE ]

Leave it a day or 2 he will.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree, he will be ringing in a day or two, with an even better deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

hahahahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He's been phoning like mad for the past 2 days..

I told him I was going to buy a new car from drivethedeal.

He said hand him a quote and he would match it!

If he does I'm gonna get a new 2.0T instead.

Hand him the quote, remind him it's for a NEW car, and then tell him to beat it by £2000 or /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hand him the quote, remind him it's for a NEW car, and then tell him to beat it by £2000 or /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about a new one not the demo!

J.

I meant the drivethedeal quote is obviously for a new car whereas the one this stealer is trying to shift is a demo so it's no good for him to just match the drivethedeal price because it's not apples for apples - he needs to beat the price of a new car by at least £2000 to make the demo attractive.

I think we are getting our wires crossed...

AllyLi has told the dealer that he can get a new car from DTD for a discount of £2K so he doesn't want a second hand one for that sort of price.

The dealer has said get the DTD price and bring it in and if AllyLi want to order a new 2.0T he will match the DTD price...

Well thats how I read it not that the dealer would match the DTD price for a new car for his 5k demo.

J.

Right well that's fine - what I was suggesting is that the dealer should also drop the demo by £2K from the current asking price so that Ali still has either option in front of him or else of course he is going to go for the new one at the same price...

(unless he can't be ***** to wait the 3-4 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Oh ok, the dealers offered to drop the car to £20,840 which is £2600 discount from list just not enough to warrent buying a 5 month old car with 5K miles on it when you can get a new one of the same spec for £21,400

Just how much of a percentage do the dealers have to play with if they match drivethedeal prices and still make a profit?

They probably tell you nothing but given DTD is also making money on the deal and they would go out of business if they operated that way it's complete BS. I think 30% mark up would be their target. This might shrink a bit when being bargained down but it needs to pay for the salesman's commission and every operating cost of the dealership too...

Bear in mind that not only do DtheD make a profit but also the dealer that they put you in touch with. So getting a price that is a few hundred quid below the DtheD price must be realistic. I am sure others on here have achieved this before. My dealer got within a £100 of DtheD price and bearing in mind I was giving them a car that needed some repairs doing I was happy to go with that.