What Foglamps? Splitter?

A19quattro

Reaction score
I need to replace one of my front fogs, glass is cracked. What's the best way to find out what ones are correct for my car, it's a 2005 model 2 litre TDI S-Line but it has the old style bumper, the one without the splitter at the bottom. I had a look on Euro carparts but even typing in the reg No just gives a list of all the A3 fogs they do and I am not confident picking from a thumbnail picture.
Another question, there is an Audi bodykit which adds a splitter to my style of bumper, anyone know if these are easy to get hold of?
You can tell I am new to Audi ownwership, loads of daft questions!

Can't help with the bodywork or splitter but as far as the foglight is concerned all you need to do is remove it and you will see the part number printed on it.

All Audi parts have the part number stamped/printed on them.

you need the standard fog lamp for your bumper
8P0941699A for the left or 8P0941700A for the right

as for the splitters... for your bumper you can get the Votex kit for the front, or you can upgrade to an Sline bumper from a 2006-2008 car and then add a LCR splitter to it.

Here is the Votex splitter:

106_a3_votex_kit_front.jpg

the red one below has the sline front and lcr splitter:

null-79.jpg

Reactions: nally
Thanks for that, I did wondner about the LCR splitter, I was thinking about just adding it to my bumper as it is, has anyone done this? It should win an award for design or something, most versatile part, something like that, how many cars does that fit or does it just fit everything? Anyway I viewed a car before I bought mine that had the full kit on it from new, so I just knew it was an "Audi" kit but didn't kow who made it, good info, cheers.

Last edited:
Yep I like that, similar to the newer S-Line bumper without changing the whole thing. Where would be the best place to buy one?
Just to clarify, re fogs left is nearside???

Yep I like that, similar to the newer S-Line bumper without changing the whole thing. Where would be the best place to buy one?
Just to clarify, re fogs left is nearside???

Are you after the near side/passenger fog light only? (8E0941699C)

No actually need the driver's side but what confuses me is the left and right thing. It was explained to me once as facing the front of the car so Nearside/Passengers would be right, buit I don't think that's right now.
A3Kent, I notice the part number you have given is different from teh one given earlier by Ash187?

No actually need the driver's side but what confuses me is the left and right thing. It was explained to me once as facing the front of the car so Nearside/Passengers would be right, buit I don't think that's right now.
A3Kent, I notice the part number you have given is different from teh one given earlier by Ash187?

My bad, just read your bit about having the standard bumper on your s-line, the part number I gave is for the s-line bumper. Ash is spot on.

Audi explain it very simply in the parts catalogue. Sit in the drivers seat, doesn't matter whether it's left hand drive or right hand drive, and left is left and right is right !! So they only use the terms left and right but differentiate by identifying ' for right hand traffic or for left hand traffic '.

The confusion can arise if you talk about nearside and offside. Obviously they are reversed between LHD and RHD.

A3Kent, no probs so long as I have the right one, getting confused niow between Eurocarparts part numbers and various E.Bay shops, why can't they all just use the Audi numbers.

Thans for the explination Mike, that makes a lot of sense, never really liked the one which seemed to assume you were a mechanic standing bonnet open readyto work on the car, so left was offside. Maybe I am a man in a white coat with my laptop and Vag-Com sitting in the driver's seat?? Too confusing.