Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 8P3 - 2DIN Chorus - Replacement

Hello,

I'm (very happy and content ) 2012 A3 8P3 SB owner. Car is equipped with Double-din Audi Chorus II (or III, I am not pretty sure. It looks exactly like this http://www.incarhandsfree.co.uk/images/audi_concertII+.jpg, but with Chorus sign) which I want to replace for some other double-din player (most likely Pioneer). Is it even possible? Is any double-din player compatible? What I have to know before I'll buy some player?

And what about RNS-E? Is it possible to switch it for RNS-E? Will I need any coding in VAGCOM (I dont have MFSW, Bose), or it is just "plug and play"? I know i will need some cable adapters.. What else will I need?

Thanks for all answers

Lordiik
    Last edited by Lordiik; 4th November 2012 at 14:27.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Hi mate,

Both the pioneer and rnse can work, really depends what you want. both units will set you back around £400-£500 but it's what you get out of them that is the difference.

With the rnse you get built in sat Nav in a unit that looks nice when fitted to the car, you will also get music off a couple as cards but that's about it! No touch screen, no DVD player, no CDs if you want to use the Nav, it's a pretty basic system. It needs coding for it to work properly

With the pioneer you get a unit that has all sorts of features... Bluetooth hands free and music streaming, sd card reader for music and photos, mp3 cd and DVD player, reverse camera compatible, iPod/iPhone control, and the newer ones even do app mode from your iPhone if you have one. Downsides is that it doesn't exactly look perfect in the dash and there is no Nav as standard. As long as you have the correct adapters it's pretty much fit and off you go.

I went for the pioneer as I needed iPod and Bluetooth which I'd you try to add in the rnse costs you an extra £500 on parts and labour!
    Check out my blog in my sig and you can see what I have in mine and how it looks
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

6th Gear

Status

A3 8P3 - 2DIN Chorus - Replacement

Remember because your car has a Chorus, you'll have no rear speakers!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187
    Thank you very much for your answer , I definitely won't buy RNS-E. What Pioneer (or other brand) model can you recommend? I don't need unit with SAT NAV. I'm just looking for media player with good connectivity (BT, iPod/iPhone support, CD/DVD, SD cards, AUX).

And if I get it, everything what I need is: 1) border to set new unit in to the dashboard 2) connectors reductions, that is all?

Quote Originally Posted by A6CR
    Yea, I know . I will handle it later, head unit is more important right now (Chorus even cannot play MP3s -_-).
    Last edited by Lordiik; 5th November 2012 at 08:38.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordiik View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer , I definitely won't buy RNS-E. What Pioneer (or other brand) model can you recommend? I don't need unit with SAT NAV. I'm just looking for media player with good connectivity (BT, iPod/iPhone support, CD/DVD, SD cards, AUX).

And if I get it, everything what I need is: 1) border to set new unit in to the dashboard 2) connectors reductions, that is all?
    Depends on how much money you want to be spending... the fascia and adapter cables will set you back about £100.. so then its just the stereo that you need to get.
    The latest Pioneer unit (which is what i have) is the AVH-8400BT which has all the features you want.
    Like i said the details are all in my blog so check it out.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.