Foot well lighting...... Oh no......

I

imported_tobycruse

I have just replaced the foot well lighting with some white LED's. THe light is now a lot whiter and more bright. I replaced the bulb with a strip of 7 LED's.

But for some reason, now and then the lighting won't come on, or sometimes it does and the goes off very quickly. Why is this?

It is because the LED's arn't drawing enough current? What can i do so the car thinks there is a bulb in there and so it doesn't get confused????

Will get pics soon to show the difference, i would like to do the interior lighting too!

Oh, i lost the origional bulbs, does anyone know i good place where i could get the bulb holders?

Any help would be really nice!!!!

I was thinking of doing this one mine but with red led's or neon strips to match the ambient red light the interior light pack provides. Havne't looked under the dash... are they just bulb holders in the footwell?

most project i've seen that replace bulbs with LED's utilise resistors to correct the current draw (or at least i assume thats what they use them for).

Have you just wired them up instead of the bulbs?

the interior lights come on and go out gradualy,as opposed to on and off quickly,so i suppose it could be something to do with that,im no electician though,maybe the filament in the led's are not designed for gradual current draw.

I believe the bulbs are 10w which mean they will be drawing about 0.84amps..... The leds wont be drawing anywhere near this much.... Hmmm, can you buy 10w resistors??