1.4 TFSi cam drive - belt or chain?

dave_s

Reaction score
Anyone tell me what the cam drive is on this engine? Audi web site just says all models with belt drive need changed at 5yrs/ 75K, but don't specify which! Going to look at a 1.4 TFSi for sale this week, but it is almost 5 yrs old and wondered if it is due a belt soon. Big bill in store if so. If chain drive, does it suffer the same problems as Golf 1.4 chain drives?

Thanks for any advice.

Anyone tell me what the cam drive is on this engine? Audi web site just says all models with belt drive need changed at 5yrs/ 75K, but don't specify which! Going to look at a 1.4 TFSi for sale this week, but it is almost 5 yrs old and wondered if it is due a belt soon. Big bill in store if so. If chain drive, does it suffer the same problems as Golf 1.4 chain drives?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes they also suffer from chain drives,expensive job..But its still a good machine

keep on top of the oil changes with good quality oil and the chain should last at least 80k minimum.

Thanks guys, will make sure the service history is good before I part with cash then!