Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323

    Nothing I can do but share my feeling / what your opinions

    Hi folks.
    After searching for sometime I have put a deposit down for a S3 BE sportback two weeks ago
    The nearest Audi dealership have arranged to collect the car from Manchester Audi since last Thursday
    I expect them to be delivered to my nearest Audi dealership either yesturday or today but still no phone call from Audi
    I feel so bad ringing them everyday to track down to see what the progress is I am starting to frustrate because the process is verrrrryyyyyy slooooooowwww not a good feeling. How much longer do I have to wait !!!!

    Thanks for your time for reading this

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3quatt's Avatar
    Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    592
    Think I'd be tempted to ask for your money back.
    Did they give you an expected delivery date?
    If so, what kind of excuses have they given?

    At the end of the day there are plenty more out there, & if they cant be bothered making an effort, you have the right to back out I'm sure.
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    No expected date / the excuses is that they have so many cars need to be delivered elsewhere they are working on tight schedule
    I know I have the option to back out but I am not at that stage yet :S

  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,600

    My Social Networking

    Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by I oOEddOo I View Post
    No expected date / the excuses is that they have so many cars need to be delivered elsewhere they are working on tight schedule
    I know I have the option to back out but I am not at that stage yet :S
    Even if that's true (could be), why are you the one having to wait? Or if there's lots of people waiting, and I'd be surprised if they didn't know they'd be busy, why did they say it'd be sooner?

    I've been messed around a lot recently with delivery dates and "system errors" etc etc, be persistent and selfish or you'll just slip to the bottom of an ever-growing queue. If they get fed up of you calling, tough luck for them.
    Hunt is over

    1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    I just don't know what is going on ....... apart from waiting

  7. #6
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    why dont you collect?

  8. #7
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    Nothing I can do but share my feeling / what your opinions

    The Audi dealer network is utter ****e, if you need any justification for my comment then feel free to PM me. I love the car's but my impression of the dealers is terrible, and not for no good reason! Audi UK are there to back you up however. They quite literally don't take any bull**** from dealer franchises which unfortunately you will have to at some point!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  9. #8
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    why dont you collect?
    Is too far to travel from where I live

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by RYes3 View Post
    The Audi dealer network is utter ****e, if you need any justification for my comment then feel free to PM me. I love the car's but my impression of the dealers is terrible, and not for no good reason! Audi UK are there to back you up however. They quite literally don't take any bull**** from dealer franchises which unfortunately you will have to at some point!
    I am totally agree with you / Is not very professional what they are doing at the moment

  11. #10
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    Nothing I can do but share my feeling / what your opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by I oOEddOo I View Post
    I am totally agree with you / Is not very professional what they are doing at the moment
    I am about to PM you a link to what I have been through, if it wasn't for how good the cars are I would have been out of here a long time ago!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  12. #11
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by I oOEddOo I View Post
    Is too far to travel from where I live
    noooo, its only a drive plus you could negotiate extra discount or ask for something of compensation for having to collect.
    i have bought and collect cars from london and glasgow to get the best deal.

  13. #12
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    noooo, its only a drive plus you could negotiate extra discount or ask for something of compensation for having to collect.
    i have bought and collect cars from london and glasgow to get the best deal.
    Yh I am very lazy

  14. #13
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by I oOEddOo I View Post
    Yh I am very lazy
    just tryin to help lad

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cotswolds
    Posts
    57
    Which dealer are you getting it from?, i'm not far from you and had the run around while waiting for my Sportback BE that was due 1st september, ended being 11 days late plus several other problems with settling finance etc.. , was also given various excuses, i gave up feeling bad in the end about calling them as i was so p*****d off. I won't use them ever again.

  16. #15
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    just tryin to help lad
    I know I know

  17. #16
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax Attack View Post
    Which dealer are you getting it from?, i'm not far from you and had the run around while waiting for my Sportback BE that was due 1st september, ended being 11 days late plus several other problems with settling finance etc.. , was also given various excuses, i gave up feeling bad in the end about calling them as i was so p*****d off. I won't use them ever again.
    one of the audi dealer in Manchester don't know what the name is

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cotswolds
    Posts
    57
    Sorry, i meant which is your nearest dealer who are collecting it.
    Simon

  19. #18
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax Attack View Post
    Sorry, i meant which is your nearest dealer who are collecting it.
    Simon
    Bristol Audi / I do have a feeling is not their fault is the carrier fault for not giving a date for them to tell me :S

  20. #19
    SAiLO's Avatar
    Enthusiast

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    939
    I'd be on the phone to them constantly if there was a date set and the car not there past it.
    VCDS USER

  21. #20
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,133
    I bet they didn't hang about taking a deposit!

    Phone up, ask to speak to the dealer manager for an explanation, then proceed to tell him how disappointed you are with the service and would he expect to be treated in this way? If he doesn't provide a satisfactory answer tell him you have no option but to contact Audi UK as it seems he doesn't want to help you. He'll love that.

    It seems they generally believe during this surge of popularity of the Audi brand they can do no wrong. Idiots.

  22. #21
    tedward's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    168
    I'm sorry but I don't see why you wouldn't take the train down to Manchester on a weekend and enjoy the drive home?

    You can't be that giddy about the car or you would have it already.

    If you want something doing right, do it yourself!
    2009 A4 B8 2.0 TDI SE + 2006 A3 1.9 TDI SPORT SPORTBACK

  23. #22
    JS3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    215
    Just keep calling them, in my experience car dealers are very lazy for calling the purchaser and I have given up in the past and bought elsewhere. No doubt they wont remember you (no offence) so I would keep calling.
    2010 S3, Sprint Blue, S-Tronic, RNSE, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Upgraded LED Interior Bulbs, Heated Seats, Hill Hold, Boot Buddy, Fog Turn Lights, Revo Stage 1, De-Wipered

  24. #23
    S3quatt's Avatar
    Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    592
    If its a trade in, & you have the patience, wait till it finally arrives & give it another couple of weeks adding miles to your old car before finally collecting... I'll bet they will be quick enough to chase you when they want the deal finalized....
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

  25. #24
    AndyParker's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    164
    I recently bought an S3 from Chelmsford Audi and enjoyed the drive back to Cardiff - wasn't a big deal for me.

    however having agreed to deliver the car to Bristol for you, it is pretty poor service to delay delivery without even telephoning you out of courtesy. It doesn't cost hat much to have he car driven down by a delivery company. Suspect they are trying to save on costs by getting it delivered as part of another delivery

  26. #25
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyParker View Post
    I recently bought an S3 from Chelmsford Audi and enjoyed the drive back to Cardiff - wasn't a big deal for me.

    however having agreed to deliver the car to Bristol for you, it is pretty poor service to delay delivery without even telephoning you out of courtesy. It doesn't cost hat much to have he car driven down by a delivery company. Suspect they are trying to save on costs by getting it delivered as part of another delivery
    Only god knows what they are doing

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. not an audi but shared platform.. FMIC install..
    By badger5 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th October 2012, 13:49
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th July 2011, 09:43
  3. Rollbars fitted - but something doesnt feel right
    By nershen in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 29th September 2007, 14:53
  4. Nothing against TT owners but.....
    By bantam1 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd August 2006, 12:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO