Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Whore

Status

Re: Having doubts about my A3 Order

Are you a Samaritan? And so what, if I am belittling the topic?

I really don’t understand his original topic or reasoning, and its not just me either, but now its here I may as well "try" to understand his silly predicament.

I mean come on, money is no object and he chose the wrong car, he does not want to cough up for a Insurance premium on the car he really wants yet he is posting for peoples views on the matter of shouldn’t I should I. He is one confused person that’s for sure.

What do you really expect people to say.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

There goes another good thread...

neversaydie, just let it be, will ya? TIA

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    And TBH I'm not here for an argument (well I may be). I was simply trying to see why this guy is so convinced he has made a bad choice anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making things up as you go along. At what point did I say I'm "totally convinced" I've made the wrong choice?

Like others have said, it seems natural for people to doubt their purchases. Especially considering you're made to wait 3 months and the amount of money involved, I guess many people have doubts. I was merely expressing mine.

I ordered a TDI and at the time, had no doubts. I since heard a couple that made me have doubts, and I posted here. That's it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

[ QUOTE ]

I mean come on, money is no object and he chose the wrong car, he does not want to cough up for a Insurance premium on the car he really wants yet he is posting for peoples views on the matter of shouldn’t I should I. He is one confused person that’s for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you're doing it again. Please quote me where I said "money is no object". How stupid would I Iook saying "I wipe my ass with Ł50 notes, and I ordered the 2.0 TDI because I wanted to save a couple grand"....

Post Whore

Status

Why what has happened a little constructive criticism and you go weak at the knees, pathetic.

The thread is still open, live and challengeable. Its comments like yours that close threads down, nothing is out of hand and no one is being rude.

Carry on.

3rd Gear

Status

Pink neversaydie, please just go away. But before that, go ahead and make an A S S of yourself trying to show where your "constructive criticism" is. WTF?

Post Whore

Status

OK

[ QUOTE ]
    You're making things up as you go along. At what point did I say I'm totally convinced I've made the wrong choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thread topic is "Having doubts about my A3 Order"

&

“Wonder if it's too late to change my order to a different engine”

&

“I'll see when it arrives I guess. If I were to place the order again though I would get the 2.0T”

This suggests your not totally convinced – lets face it your not exactly being enthusiastic are you.

[ QUOTE ]
    lol, you're doing it again. Please quote me where I said "money is no object". How stupid would I Iook saying "I wipe my ass with Ł50 notes, and I ordered the 2.0 TDI because I wanted to save a couple grand"....

[/ QUOTE ]

“I bought my sister a 04 mini cooper this week, she is 20 and also been driving less than a year”

“If I couldn't afford them, I wouldn't have bought them?”

“I paid for the MINI in cash, I'll pay for the A3 in cash outright aswell. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but that doesn't sound like someone who can't afford these cars does it?”

Again this is impersonation, not concrete evidence. It’s merely a phrase I used.

Post Whore

Status

There is plenty, perhaps you need spoon feeding also.

I will now exit this debate as you asked so nicley JamninBen, the pink bit was quite funny, but it didnt hit the spot.

You guys clearly get your knickers in a twist don't you.

Post Whore

Status

For JaminBen

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sorry I’ve tried to refrain myself from this thread as I don't go around actively insulting people.

BUT it is clear you cannot afford these cars, if you are so worried about an insurance premium then you CAN'T afford the car.

Why on hell didn’t you try and purchase a second hand A3 2.0T fully loaded, have the same satisfaction of a new car and with the killer savings you could sleep at night knowing the insurance wasn't going to sting you after all.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried but it seems to little offends you too easily. Not one question was answered. Maybe a tad opiniated but all the same...

tata [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

There's nothing wrong with having doubts about your order.
    I was the opposite.
    I was confident I'd ordered the right car,but now I hate the friggin thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

PMSL @ Bowfer.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

PMSL at all of them.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

This suggests your not totally convinced – lets face it your not exactly being enthusiastic are you.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Hence the use of the word "D O U B T S"....

[ QUOTE ]

Again this is impersonation, not concrete evidence. It’s merely a phrase I used.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say it's bad form to bend the truth, or exaggerate in an argument such as this has become. It kinda makes all your points worthless. I said I had doubts & paid cash(after you said I couldn't afford them). You then came out the other end with me being a halfwit money-no-object millionaire who was totally 'convinced' he bought the wrong car to save some money. Which to all but you is clearly not the case.

regards

Post Whore

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] @ mark88 - get your TDi and hush up, enjoy your car, whilst most people know me here on AS.net they know when to take me seriously and when not to, you boys up here sure have massive egos and very highly strung!

Really I cant believe you took the bait. Better luck next time.

Really though, if you can't afford it, just buy a metro, great car, cheap to insure....

or

If you can afford it (we know you can) try and cancel your order for the Tdi and go for the 2.0T and [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] the "I dont want to pay that sorta premium". Just pay it and enjoy the car!

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Hence the use of the word "D O U B T S"....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say it's bad form to bend the truth, or exaggerate in an argument such as this has become. It kinda makes all your points worthless. I said I had doubts & paid cash(after you said I couldn't afford them). You then came out the other end with me being a halfwit money-no-object millionaire who was totally 'convinced' he bought the wrong car to save some money. Which to all but you is clearly not the case.

regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm have to say I have got the same impression as NeverSayDie I just chose to not waste my time typing a reply. How many more times are you going to say you can afford this that and the other and that you bought this and that for cash.

BTW this lunchtime I went to Tescos and bought a magazine and a sarnie paid cash didn't even need to use my debit card! Wow I must be so lucky it was a posh chichen sarnie as well in a cardboard box and everything...

Just remember this is a car forum to talk about cars and bit's n bobs. It's not a who has the biggest dick forum nor is it a p!ssing contest.

If this thread has stayed as I think I have ordered the wrong engine thread it would have been quite decent but it seemed to turn into let me show them how much money I have thread whihc is when I think NeverSayDie piped up.

J.

Post Whore

Status

I thinks marriedblonde is right!

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

If this thread has stayed as I think I have ordered the wrong engine thread it would have been quite decent but it seemed to turn into let me show them how much money I have thread whihc is when I think NeverSayDie piped up.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone *tells* you "you cannot afford this car"....how exactly do you repsond to that without sounding arrogant, or comming across all "look how much money I've got"....?? I don't think this thread has turned into what you suggest, but I was asked the question, twice. I gave an answer(once) without trying to sound like a prick. Maybe that gave the wrong impression but it's hard to talk about what you can afford and what you can't without sounding like a twat. Whether it be truth or not.

If he doesn't believe me when I say I can afford the car, then the only thing I can do really is tell him I paid for it in cash. I never mentioned any else about money, my salary, whatever, except I wasn't willing to pay Ł3k to insure it....

6th Gear

Status

this thread's great. I think we put a stop to third world debt and famine, cured the common cold and even cancer all in one here. Nice work.

if it was started as a joke, then its got way outta hand, despite how it was meant.

Have a quiet word lads.

Status

I think a good reply would have been something along the lines of "my financial circumstances are my personal bussines but thank you for your concern..."

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

I think a good reply would have been something along the lines of "my financial circumstances are my personal bussines but thank you for your concern..."

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, but then again....the question should not have been asked in the first place, If you read my original post I did state quite clearly.

"insurance costs were more than I was willing to pay"

Status

Come on guys... Don't make us lock this thread. Lets stop all the bickering and get back on topic.

If there is nothing else to say, then just leave it here.

5th Gear

Status

I have not read all of the posts, so please forgive me if this has been suggested...

If it's too late to change your spec, the dealer might take delivery of the car and use it as a demo, whilst you reorder a new one.

You'll have to wait longer, but your dealer might refund your deposit or transfer it to the new vehicle, my local dealer has done this before.

Kev.

Post Whore

Status

Yeah but kev.... Your local dealer loves you.....

A reply to eric on mentioning kev's name at a local dealer about a maf/mas/amm

[ QUOTE ]
    ohhhh yes I know kevvvvvvvvv

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Heheheh! Still, if you're gonna be loved by someone, why not your local Audi dealer?
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah but kev.... Your local dealer loves you.....

A reply to eric on mentioning kev's name at a local dealer about a maf/mas/amm

[ QUOTE ]
    ohhhh yes I know kevvvvvvvvv

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just before you lot get any funny idea's, it was woman who said that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The car wasn't mine, sadly. It was a new S4 (B6), the bloke ordered the car and then bought an M3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif[/img] but the dealers refunded his deposit as it was a dersirable car they said it would shift no problem.

Post Whore

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

good on ya kev - catch ya later bud

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well what Can I say, you must be gutted if you feel that you have just made a bad decision on usually the second most expensive purchase you can make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside...

I read or saw a report once that proved a car is the MOST expensive purchase you can make.

Most people assume a house is, but houses appreciate over time, whilst most cars depreciate.

The report calculated that over time you spent more on a car than a house.

Kev.

1st Gear

Status

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside...

I read or saw a report once that proved a car is the MOST expensive purchase you can make.

Most people assume a house is, but houses appreciate over time, whilst most cars depreciate.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kev- Bev - Bev - Kev! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    My house is costing me Ł1500 a month (just on interest), my car is costing me Ł270 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside...

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kev- Bev - Bev - Kev! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    My house is costing me Ł1500 a month (just on interest), my car is costing me Ł270 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so not funny.

And I'm not talking about your mortgage [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Admittadly this report was done about 5 years ago (before the last housing boom) but think about it, I think in some circumstances it could easily be true.

Kev.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    :

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, now factor in the amount your house rises in value each month, and how much your car falls in value each month.

1st Gear

Status

At the moment, my house is currently going down. Albeit, not by much.

I'm understanding your arguments completely, but what you're talking about is acumalative, and if that is the case, i spend more on food than i do on cars.

All that i know is that the most i have spent on a car is Ł27k, that wouldn't even get me a beach hut!

5th Gear

Status

I think the report would cover all the cars over the lifetime of a mortgage, not just one example... but there you go.

Don't forget to include maintainence costs of the car and the house.

House prices may be falling at the moment, but they will come back up, stronger than before.

Anyway, sorry for posting that, this is the A3 forum, not general chat [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kev.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123