CRUISE CONTROL NEEDED

avvy786

Reaction score
Does anyone fit cruise control to the Audi S3's 8p...
would like it fitted on my car as i am up and down the mway a bit..
Preferably someone in or around the birmingham area or even towards leicester way..
If not but you do cruise control give me a shout im sure we will come to an arrangement :)

Does anyone fit cruise control to the Audi S3's 8p...
would like it fitted on my car as i am up and down the mway a bit..
Preferably someone in or around the birmingham area or even towards leicester way..
If not but you do cruise control give me a shout im sure we will come to an arrangement :)

I am in London mate, but every couple of weeks travel past Birmingham. Give me a PM if interested fella.

Nigel aka NHN fitted mine at my place of work. Top job and top man

If you fit them yourself how much is it to get it coded? Roughly..

If you fit yourself you will find that after the install without having coding done there and then you will not have power steering and a ESP fault. this is due to the steering angle sensor being removed during the install. for total piece of mind have someone do it for you if you do not have access to VCDS on the day of the install

If you fit yourself you will find that after the install without having coding done there and then you will not have power steering and a ESP fault. this is due to the steering angle sensor being removed during the install. for total piece of mind have someone do it for you if you do not have access to VCDS on the day of the install

I fitted mine myself then ran about for 3 months before I got it coded.
I got the ESP fault for about 10s after starting the car for the 1st time then it went away.
Never lost the power steering.

After undoing the airbag bolts, straighten the steering wheel, before undoing the central bolt, then pull the wheel straight off.
Use strips of electrical tape to 'lock' the steering sensor/slip-ring in place.

Both lights came on after I did mine but after driving 100 yards they go off. I never lost power steering. As Mr Lapou says, if you remove the wheel when in the straight ahead position and then make sure you do not allow the slip ring to move, you will have no problem with the steering.

Obviously the CC will not work until coded but everything else will !