2006 Exterior s-line styling kit

What I'm trying to find out is.....what do you actually get for the money??

I thought that it was the Votex kit, but I think I am mistaken.......can someone clarify please!

If I am ordering a brand new S-line how do I go about getting the full votex kit??

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm trying to find out is.....what do you actually get for the money??

[/ QUOTE ]

fibreglass, paint, and several hours of a stealers time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

most of it is internal, but external (as you ask) is lower, huge alloys, badges, rear spoiler (or was when I got mine), used to be s-line only colours but not sure if that's still the case. IMHO, it's worth it justy for the big rims!

[ QUOTE ]
most of it is internal, but external (as you ask) is lower, huge alloys, badges, rear spoiler (or was when I got mine), used to be s-line only colours but not sure if that's still the case. IMHO, it's worth it justy for the big rims!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's S-line, the exterior styling kit is something different.

A front spoiler, rear bumper and roof spoiler. IMO it's cack, you hardly know it's on.

2280_109a722652f5e0956908d15a498aaaf7.jpg

2280_fc0bca5c5033c2b46c4a7764e3e7f044.jpg

£950 gets you the exterior pack - revised front and rear bumpers and the spoiler you used to get as standard with the s-line pack. Looks good on a silver one I have seen esp on Sportback, but I didn't order it on my soon to be delivered s-line as I personally think it is rip off and especially a complete waste on black / dark cars as you can't see it at all!!

I saw one fitted to a dolphin grey Sportback and didn't notice it at all until it was pointed out to me. The front spoiler isn't as nice as the Votex and I have no idea what you're actually paying for on the back bumper. Just looks like a bit of plastic?

Seems like a lot of money for what it is, so I didn't bother. Better value getting aftermarket/votex if you want to go down that route imho.

My Local dealer has got an S-Line Sportback in the showroom, 2.0T Quattro, in Black, and it has the body kit on it. I thought it looks really neat myself.

However, most folks seem to think my 3 door S-line has a full body kit on it, when in actual fact its only got the boot spoiler. So, if most folks percieve it to have a body kit in std mode, then why spend all the cash on the front, side and rear bumpers? Me I'd just order it with the boot lid spoiler, I think that's all it needs.

Being a complete Audi fan, I have to say the A3 looks fine in standard format. The Audi designers have come up with a fine design in my mind, and it shouldn't be lowered to level of "Nova/Fiesta/Saxo" boy racer types, its above all that. The boot spoiler is just a subtle addition (unlike the bankrupt mob from the midlands with thier 45's + rear boot WING, NICE!), which doesn't spoil the over all look of the car. So don't spoil it with loads of extra plastic.

If you have to spend the £950, spend it on internal upgrades, like Sat Nav Plus (good toy), light pack, leather, parking sensors, etc....far more useful and I guess more added value for resale.

Bodykits can = thrashed in the mind of next owner when you come to sell it.

Nuff said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

By the looks of the photos the front bumber is totally different from the normal one and has a skirt attached to it.

Will have to see if one of the local dealers have one in their showroom for a proper look!

Just to let you all know, I saw a sportback with the S-line exterior kit today.

I am impressed with the front bumper which has a skirt not unlike the votex front skirt. The front bumper has a smoother sleeker look to it than the normal bumper. The roof spoiler is the usual s-line spoiler which has been available. The rear bumper again is a smoother design than the normal bumper and, of course as you have already seen in the pictures in this thread, the contrasting darker piece at the bottom.

Just the side skirts and rear skirt are missing so I have asked the stealer to check for me if I can get the exterior s-line pack with the Votex rear skirt and side skirts. (They aren't sure if the rear skirt will fit on the s-line back bumper!)

Can the S-Line exterior package only be purchased from an Audi dealer?

Has anyone got any pictures of a Black A3 with the s-line package?

Thanks...

As far as I am aware you can only order the S-line exterior package when you are ordering a brand new A3 S-line.

Those wheels are BBS CHs made for Audi with the BBS center badge and 'motorsport' inscription on them !!