chorus replacement

a3 convert

Reaction score
Hi
looking to replace what I now know is the basic chorus with no rear speakers in a 2009 a3 sportback (8P I think). Have just seen a synphony changer from a 2009 a3 quattro. Does any one know if it will just be a straight replacement, or is there more to it. I know I won't get any sound from the rear until I get some speakers fitted, but will it work with just the front ones to keep me going. they are looking for £75 plus postage for it, is that reasonable. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A3 Sportback 2009 and it didn't come with rear speakers!?!? Really??? That can't be right.

Whereabouts are you? Have a perfect working order double din Symphony II+ (6CD/MP3 CD in dash changer). Based near Maidstone in Kent if you wanted to try it out?

Hi
couldn't believe there were no rear speakers either, should have checked it out first. I'm up in Inverness so not possible to come and try it out, but thanks for the offer. Are you selling the Symphony or just offering me a chance to hear it. If you are selling, how much are you looking for?
Thanks

Yes looking to sell as upgraded to the RNSE satnav unit. Will drop you a PM with details :icon_thumright:

Unless uve got a seriously poverty spec A3 then i highly doubt it didnt come with rear speakers. At a guess i would have said u've got the rear amplified system but for whatever reason the rear amp isn't on therefore not powering the rear speakers and sub. If someones changed the stereo and the wiring before u bought the car and then put the old stereo back in then this could be why. I'd get the stereo out and check if i were u

Took off rear speaker grills and confirmed there are no speakers, can't even see any wires(surely the would have run the cables in)
Have just found out that the pop out tray isn't meant to be illuminated when the lights are on either, as this is apparently an upgrade as well. looks like the previous owner was a minimalist.